Brent criticised for not starting different building project | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brent criticised for not starting different building project

Apr 4, 2004
I'd be over the moon with that if they got the stadium right. If it's the half hearted lash up they have planing for I really don't want it.

B

Baby Face Johnson

I note Mr Brent states the building costs for the grandstand have been agreed. I hope he has factored in a building cost increase factor as the Contractor is unlikely to hold to that price for very long, especially with the volatile nature of building cost fluctuations.

Apr 5, 2012
Why not hold some more concerts at home park?

Also this stand is never going to be built so who cares about the plans that are in place really, it would be better to just put seats on the concrete mess and close down the back part.

C

Cobi Budge.

It is kind of worrying considering the immediate future of the club (with regards the owner) depends on it.

It's very naive to think the club is out of sticky stuff yet, financially anyway.

I hope I'm wrong but there could be dark times still to come.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Tony kind of answered the question I was going to ask, viz to what extent would success on the pitch bring in the income we need to make the balloon payment?

If last time's anything to go by, a good season with promotion at the end of it would stick rather more than 2,000 on the gate, and we'd get a bit more TV money once Sky had dusted off their map of the Southwest.

Other schemes aside, at the end of the day footballing success is what we're all here for. Everything else would follow. Just sayin'.

Sep 28, 2011
I would like to think that if we were ever to come unstuck,that JB would sell the club as a going concern to pay off the balloon payment.(if we could of course get £2 million for it)

He surely wouldn't hold back for his own financial welbeing for the detriment of Plymouth Argyle would he?

I've been a fan of JB but this will be my ph test of the man.

D

Darren Stoneman

I can't see anyone wanting to buy the club, especially for nowhere near £2m, this club is asset less, the ground is owned by PCC, The car park, mr Brent stripped from the club and sold to himself(pension fund).

This was my big concern from day one when he allegedly saved the club, he does not have a track record of success, he has started a number of projects and does not seemingly have the ability to deliver on any, and his companies are not seemingly thriving

This club was saved by Mr Brent on the never never we now have the spectre of a huge debt and no ability to clear due to his seeming failings.

People close to him say he cares, really If I was likely to make as much money from a project as he would from the Pavilions and Home Park, then I could show I care deeply.

I would like to know what personal guarantees Mr Brent has pledged to the club, what financial investment has he or any of his board of directors made to the club?

Jun 15, 2013
I do not get anything you are talking(mainly due to short of English). Why politicians are criticising James Brent? Launching new building projects was in the take-over contract?

Dec 3, 2005
I am really getting pig sick of all this - it really needs sorting - something to happen - for better (ideally), this treading water is driving me nuts - let's move forward, standing still - the status quo is not doing any good for this Club.

Oct 24, 2010
Pafcintheplace":1zi596ar said:
Looks like Brent and his followers are taking 'one HELL of a beating' atm :-D
I appreciate your post was meant in humour, but referring to that infamous incident doesn't really help what is a potentially very serious situation.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Pafcintheplace":2x2bh8f2 said:
Looks like Brent and his followers are taking 'one HELL of a beating' atm :-D

Joking aside, what is happening now is that a lot of those who would have blindly followed Brent off the edge of a cliff are at last realising the seriousness and nature of a situation some of us had grave concerns about for the last 2 years.

Better late than never I guess.

Mar 21, 2013
Is it that or is it some people have better things to do with their time then repeatedly post the same comments over & over again, this is not to say people shouldn't be concerned if there is infact something to be concerned over but don't assume that just because some of us don't spend all our time posting on here that we have all of a sudden woken up to the fact that Brent is the antichrist and are panicking over no news.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Don't_Panic":3eba9nxr said:
Is it that or is it some people have better things to do with their time then repeatedly post the same comments over & over again, this is not to say people shouldn't be concerned if there is infact something to be concerned over but don't assume that just because some of us don't spend all our time posting on here that we have all of a sudden woken up to the fact that Brent is the antichrist and are panicking over no news.

And that's the key point here, there is no real news here :facepalm:

Just as some remain skeptical regarding the project until the bulldozers come in, many of us find it hard to write the project off entirely based on a story that has almost nothing to do with Argyle or HHP itself. Of course it raises concerns but it tells us nothing we didn't already know. All this story seems to have done is open the door for the usual suspects to offer up the same doom and gloom comments they made a few months ago.