Truro friendly today (lost 5-1) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Truro friendly today (lost 5-1)

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
earl grey":3sqqv63t said:
Steve Evans":3sqqv63t said:
tyler is the best player at the club

Steve, i love you, and I like Tyler, and whilst I mean these words, I do have to add you are flipping mental!:-/

''Steve the gym, Steve the gym
He's our fruit cake man
Steve the gym, Steve the gym
Tyler's biggest fan
Mental all day long
Pithed all night through
Steve the gym, Steve the gym, Steve the gym''
:coat:

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
tigertony":2chgsd8o said:
earl grey":2chgsd8o said:
Steve Evans":2chgsd8o said:
tyler is the best player at the club

Steve, i love you, and I like Tyler, and whilst I mean these words, I do have to add you are flipping mental!:-/

''Steve the gym, Steve the gym
He's our fruit cake man
Steve the gym, Steve the gym
Tyler's biggest fan
Mental all day long
Pithed all night through
Steve the gym, Steve the gym, Steve the gym''
:coat:

:funny:

C

Cobi Budge.

Just had a text from a mate who went tonight -

"poor display all round, bittner looks very dodgy in goal, can't control his area and slow reactions, Morgan yet again just a joke of a pro footballer, some of the younger lads did ok but nothing to be excited about.

I still think we have the team, but nothing's clicked yet, hopefully it will before Cambridge, don't want another Southend. I fear Sunday a little, I know it's only a friendly but I get the feeling Swansea will win...by a very, very large scoreline.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":oh3hmyjz said:

"poor display all round, bittner looks very dodgy in goal, can't control his area and slow reactions, Morgan yet again just a joke of a pro footballer, some of the younger lads did ok but nothing to be excited about.

I still think we have the team, but nothing's clicked yet, hopefully it will before Cambridge, don't want another Southend. I fear Sunday a little, I know it's only a friendly but I get the feeling Swansea will win...by a very, very large scoreline.
Aside from Thomas, Morgan, Purrington and maybe Bittner I'd be very surprised if that team features against Swansea and Yeovil.

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
Steve.PAFC2012":11nn25ih said:
Cobi Budge.":11nn25ih said:

Aside from Thomas, Morgan, Harvey, Purrington and maybe Bittner I'd be very surprised if that team features against Swansea and Yeovil.
And possibly none of the players listed will be starting XI regulars (possibly Thomas and Purrington).

Wouldn't worry too much about it at present. Best thing at moment is for the players to get some match practice. Truro's team looked as strong as Argyle's (including several ex.Pilgrims) and more experienced on the whole so I'm not surprised they won. Looking forward to my first Argyle pre-season match on Sunday.

M

Nov 22, 2006
Some people are reacting like that was the strongest 11 we have, it wasn't by a long way so I really wouldn't worry about it

Jul 6, 2011
Green Giant":3aunwh59 said:
Some people are reacting like that was the strongest 11 we have, it wasn't by a long way so I really wouldn't worry about it

I think people are more worried that there maybe injuries to our 1st 11

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
briangreen":1hq2epsb said:
Green Giant":1hq2epsb said:

Why would they do that? This was always a development team match with a few stronger players making up the numbers, or do I misunderstand your meaning?

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Trev501":3s7lityw said:
briangreen":3s7lityw said:
Green Giant":3s7lityw said:

Why would they do that? This was always a development team match with a few stronger players making up the numbers, or do I misunderstand your meaning?

Maybe referring to the quality of back up should we suffer injuries during the season to key players. However, in such circumstances I suspect we will be highly dependent on the loan system ....

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Although I agree with the general thought that these results are meaningless, one would hope that 99 times out of 100 even a team of reserves and trialists should have enough quality to beat a team that far down the pyramid. But then again, these non league sides do tend to see these games as a cup final and they tend to get stuck in more.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Still think that during Fletch's 1st season (after Reid being sacked) he should have brought back Hayles if only as a 45 minute man.
Box in the foxy an' all

Talking of foxy ? Anyone found him yet ?

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Development Match. Perfect opportunity to try out a few trialists I would think.

Did we? No. :sigh: