Another Warning About An EBay Vendor | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Another Warning About An EBay Vendor

• Thread starter northcountryboy
  • Start date
N

northcountryboy

The Vendor that IJN posted about in a previous post is at it again.

I have contact with him and he's looking to sell a '1973 Home Shirt' by Umbro

He sold about 6 with badges that don't match the era and unrecognised strips as they are allegedly 'prototypes'.

This particular shirt is dodgy for the following reasons:

1. Umbro didn't supply shirts to Argyle then. (He states that it is another prototype even though it's a design they used)

2. There was no supplier badge on the shirt and especially not Umbro

3. I asked for a picture of the inside collar/label and a pic was sent with a label held over the middle that looked new and not aged.

I think it is a retro replica (Toffs have sold them) but with added Umbro badge and label. He was looking for £100. I've checked and it's not on EBay yet but I'm sure it will be.

Here is his message to me:

Hi Andy . I have a superb contact with an ex Umbro salesman. I buy a lot off him, he told me it was a sample that was prepared but never worn because of contracts (not allowed to wear the diamond on the actual shirt). I have recently bought (off him) 1967 Man Utd shirt the real deal.
This Plymouth shirt doesn't have a number on the back. I was going to describe shirt as professionally prepared 1973 shirt but not match worn. It is 1970's shirt without question.
Cheers Alun