Old pic: Argyle v Exeter 1982 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Old pic: Argyle v Exeter 1982

Apr 26, 2016
Thought a few of you might like to see this which I took from The Lyndhurst when Argyle beat Exeter 2-0 in the first round of the FA Cup in November 1982 (my final year at Plymouth Poly). Can't quite work out how to attach it to this message but I have just posted it up on the facebook page for my new football book, Roots To The 92. It is also on the PASALB fcaebook page

As many of my trips to achieve the 92 were to see Plymouth there is a heavy Green Army content in the book. Receiving some great reviews on Amazon. There is also a website where you can find out more about the book: www.rootstothe92.co.uk

Finding this pic brings back many happy memories, as were the many times around the mid 80's when I met up with PASALB folk at various events, traveled up with other PASALB members to games (including an unforgetable trip to West Brom in the '84 cup run), contributed to Pasty News, etc.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
vuCEoDO.png

Jul 8, 2016
I was 12 years old and I remember the QF game v Derby being a full house, Derby had the Devonport end then with no cover. I was on the Lyndhurst corner on the base of the floodlight and I can still see Gordon Stainforth shot from edge of box beating keeper only to hit inside of post roll along line and hit the other post and scrambled away by a defender. Full house and all four sides in full volume! No drums and certainly no Pyros!! Good times and good times that will return when we climb out of this league and div 1 hopefully soon.

Apr 26, 2016
It was just after that Staniforth shot, PL2 Pilgrim, that someone a few rows in front of us in the Lyndhurst announced he wanted a crap. With no means of getting to the bogs due to it being so packed (dangerously so in hindsight) the crowd parted, created a gap and he did the deed. soon after another shot went close and the resulting surge closed the gap. Mmmmmm.