Argyle Green Colour | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Green Colour

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Very Interested In The History Of Argyle Green

As a Young Argyle Supporter in the 80s Grew up watching Argyle play in The Lighter Argyle Green 1980s - 2000-01

Then in 2001-02 Argyle Launched The New Darker Argyle Green and ever since we have had our Home Kits with the Dark Green

Interested to see if we can look at having the Lighter Argyle Green Home Kit or is it a corporate Argyle Colour in Darker Green

Happy to bring this up at Fans Forum on 19th September

Any Thoughts ?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I can't say anything, Smiffy gets all upset.

Suffice to say, Argyle green is the old colour we played in, not the current.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Oh FFS. Can we have even a couple of months without discussing the kit for next season. Whatever it is GA84 will like it, Cobi will change his mind 5 times, it will be too dark fro IJN and X'y will moan there's not enough green it. Let's leave it until the New Year eh?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i have always called the old green as emerald green.still don't care deeply about our colour though.much prefer the scintillating football we are playing.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Mark Pedlar":2y50pkqo said:
Oh FFS. Can we have even a couple of months without discussing the kit for next season. Whatever it is GA84 will like it, Cobi will change his mind 5 times, it will be too dark fro IJN and X'y will moan there's not enough green it. Let's leave it until the New Year eh?

Ark at 'er. :lol:

We'll talk about it all we want thanks.

:scarf:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Right off to memorabilia and "yesterdays" then.

O

ogwellmike

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Plymout ... Argyle.htm

This site shows the different versions of Argyle's shirt over the years. We all probably have our favourite - IJN certainly does - but FWIW, I can't get very worked up about this. As long as it's GREEN, that's all that matters.

I have seen all of the shirts from 1946 onwards and there were a number of variations in the shade of green. I would describe the earlier shirts as grass green (like the Plymouth City Council crest) rather than emerald green but, as you can see, the grass varied in colour somewhat. When, in later years, British racing green was introduced, I liked it.

I still prefer it aesthetically but if the powers that be changed it, I would not be overly upset. As long as I can still shout "Come on you GREENS!" that's all that matters.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's all light hearted Mike.

To be fair, each time we've done a poll on here, the dark wins by a few points every time.

Love to see 'Proper Green' back, but I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it.

Even the lilac doesn't upset me as much as some on here, it's a lovely looking kit, just nothing to do with PAFC that's all.

I can still see it happening though, we are playing so well away, I can see the day we are spanking someone and the ditty 'Derek Adams Lilac Army' will be sung out.

I hope it's Saturday actually, as a) It will mean we are winning and b) Frank will be there. :twisted:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
GreenArmy1984":1fjt9apy said:
Sorry just seeing the retro covers of the pilgrim match day programme this season brings back memories of the lighter Green Argyle wore in the 80s & 90s

Happy Memories :thumbs:

Happy New Year GA!! :lol: :lol:

Feb 24, 2009
Paignton, Devon
ogwellmike":1pmmm184 said:
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Plymouth_Argyle/Plymouth_Argyle.htm

This site shows the different versions of Argyle's shirt over the years. We all probably have our favourite - IJN certainly does - but FWIW, I can't get very worked up about this. As long as it's GREEN, that's all that matters.

I have seen all of the shirts from 1946 onwards and there were a number of variations in the shade of green. I would describe the earlier shirts as grass green (like the Plymouth City Council crest) rather than emerald green but, as you can see, the grass varied in colour somewhat. When, in later years, British racing green was introduced, I liked it.

I still prefer it aesthetically but if the powers that be changed it, I would not be overly upset. As long as I can still shout "Come on you GREENS!" that's all that matters.

Like we did on Saturday......with not a bit of green in sight :funny: