Scrap the 45 minute half? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Scrap the 45 minute half?

May 14, 2016
"A proposal to scrap 45-minute halves is to be looked at by football's lawmakers to deter time-wasting.

Instead, there could be two periods of 30 minutes with the clock stopped whenever the ball goes out of play."

http://bbc.in/2rHnpIB

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Tackling the real issues in football I see. Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

The core game and its rules are near perfect. It's the financial inequality and corruption that is the real problem.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
More men in suits at the top trying to make a name for themselves by changing a game that really doesn't need changing.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Biggs":1u5u7uij said:
Tackling the real issues in football I see. Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

The core game and its rules are near perfect. It's the financial inequality and corruption that is the real problem.

Agreed. Timewasting is annoying, sure, but is it really more of a danger to football than Pogba's agent banking €50m from his transfer to Man Utd?

Nov 18, 2011
The 30 min halves will be more beneficial overseas where in some leagues such as Brazil every bloody team plays like Wycombe or worse!
In Brazil the ball is often only in play for 50 of the 90 mins! And they're supposed to be the purveyors of the beautiful game...

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
mervyn":nwadwhrg said:
I see they're also considering penalties where you can't score from the rebound if saved by the keeper, and free kicks where the player taking the kick can opt to dribble the ball until tackled. Hmm.

So he touches the ball and the wall rushes at him? 9 times out of 10 = another freekick.
So ... he touches the ball and the wall rushes at him? 9 ti ..... :facepalm: