France V England | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

France V England

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Tom Heaton doing everything he can with very little in-front of him, Stones, 50 million, laughable.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Cobi Budge":3qycbiy3 said:
Tom Heaton doing everything he can with very little in-front of him, Stones, 50 million, laughable.
Why do modern keepers have this aversion to going with two hands and catching or smothering? Two parries and two goals. Must say though he did ever so well in the first minute or so when that intended cross arrowed in on the near post. That could so easily have been a Scott Carson moment.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
r4h4al":27fl6obs said:
Dele Ali is so overrated as well!

Not sure that's true, for Spurs he's absolutely brilliant, has a clear role in a clear system, for England he can be a rabbit in headlights, not sure whether that's down to him or management.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
I think the keeper fouled him if Varane didn't so it's a penalty. Not sure of Varana fouled him or he dived again, if it's a dive then the red card seems harsh.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Martyn":3a8nkvql said:
Is Stones the worst defender we have ever produced

Yes possibly, hard to think of anybody worse. He's too lightweight or small I think. But he is still young so he may still improve hopefully.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Cobi Budge":2b8n1rg7 said:
r4h4al":2b8n1rg7 said:

Not sure that's true, for Spurs he's absolutely brilliant, has a clear role in a clear system, for England he can be a rabbit in headlights, not sure whether that's down to him or management.

I'm just talking about his England performances as I don't watch Spurs. Your right it's probably down to bad management with an unclear system. I think he's a poor player though judging from what I've seen. But then again we probably don't have anybody better anyway.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
r4h4al":ynb4nz0x said:
Cobi Budge":ynb4nz0x said:
r4h4al":ynb4nz0x said:

I'm just talking about his England performances as I don't watch Spurs. Your right it's probably down to bad management with an unclear system. I think he's a poor player though judging from what I've seen. But then again we probably don't have anybody better anyway.

Maybe you should watch spurs mate, they know how to play real football, a combination of sound management, players knowing their jobs and teamwork, not the clueless apology of a display from our national side that we have endured in the last couple of games. We are not a tippy tappy football nation.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Maybe you should watch spurs mate, they know how to play real football, a combination of sound management, players knowing their jobs and teamwork, not the clueless apology of a display from our national side that we have endured in the last couple of games. We are not a tippy tappy football nation.

OK. But on England I don't think we've been too bad in the last couple of games, a draw at Scotland is ok and narrowly losing to Euro 2016 finalist France again is ok. I think defence is the main area we have to improve, going forward we are ok Kane is looking like a very good goalscorer. Midfield is ok with Dier, and I still think Joe Hart is decent. The new formation didn't work today though which is fine because it's the first time we have played it. We are getting there I think and Gareth Southgate obviously needs time to sort out the team formation.