scottish football is a joke | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

scottish football is a joke

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
second leg of either retaining premier status for hamilton or promotion to the premier for dundee united.it was 0-0 in the first leg at dundee and with everything to play for in a winner takes all match.guess what size crowd was there?

5,027. :facepalm:

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Steve Evans":3agggusz said:
second leg of either retaining premier status for hamilton or promotion to the premier for dundee united.it was 0-0 in the first leg at dundee and with everything to play for in a winner takes all match.guess what size crowd was there?

Capacity of New Douglas Park is only 5,510

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Scottish football is a joke pt II,

On my way to work this morning I heard an interview with a Celtic fan. He tried very, very hard to say that the treble was not a foregone conclusion from the moment the teams kicked off in the very first game. Asked what the difference was he mentioned the £50-£60m extra they can budget from against their nearest fiscal rivals which is Aberdeen as if it did not have any bearing.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
How people moaned about the dullness of the Old Firm's dominance. Take one away and it becomes much worse doesn't it? No club even came close to filling Rangers' shoes.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Celtic may well have gone all season without a league defeat but I can't say I am in any way gob smacked or even impressed. I'm sort of yeah, so what over their achievement.

With the rest unlikely to catch them up, for me their existence is just rather pointless unless they can make something of their free pass into Europe each year.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Amen to that - the most pointless, one-sided 'league' in football. Yet Celtic always get shown up big time when they play any half decent team from outside Scotland. They must be so proud.... :roll:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Argy1e":u3x6mwmp said:
Steve Evans":u3x6mwmp said:

i didn't know that argy1e.that makes scottish football an even bigger joke!

Nov 18, 2011
Steve Evans":3jo7087i said:
Argy1e":3jo7087i said:
Steve Evans":3jo7087i said:

Does the 9th best team in England, AFC Bournemouth's capacity of 11,464 make English football "a joke" as well?

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Irrelevant - Bournemouth would get far more if their capacity was bigger. Even at 5.5k, Hamilton couldn't even fill their ground for such an important game for them.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
When you look at the 53k population of Hamilton, the attendance represents circa 10% of the residents. If 10% of Plymouth's population pitched up at Home Park, we should see gates approaching 30K! We should look at our own garden before being too critical of others.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Joe Totale":1gxe78bo said:
Steve Evans":1gxe78bo said:
Argy1e":1gxe78bo said:
Steve Evans":1gxe78bo said:

Does the 9th best team in England, AFC Bournemouth's capacity of 11,464 make English football "a joke" as well?
no.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":1txpfs11 said:
When you look at the 53k population of Hamilton, the attendance represents circa 10% of the residents. If 10% of Plymouth's population pitched up at Home Park, we should see gates approaching 30K! We should look at our own garden before being too critical of others.

This.

We have great fans but our population/home attendance ratio is absolutely awful, think it largely stems from the fact that we've never been in the top flight.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Cobi Budge":333l6u45 said:
Quintrell_Green":333l6u45 said:

This.

We have great fans but our population/home attendance ratio is absolutely awful, think it largely stems from the fact that we've never been in the top flight.

Aye, shame we're not Scots or we'd have walked the league this year ourselves.