Paul Cook (merged) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Paul Cook (merged)

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Had two spells at Wigan as a player. First of which was his first with a Football League club. Not fully sure what's happening off the pitch at Portsmouth at the moment, but it doesn't sound that promising. Saw someone say that if Eisner comes in he'd want a DoF appointed and I can't see Cook wanting that. Add to that they've a couple of key players out of contract this summer who all look likely to move on and a possible move to Wigan looks to make perfect sense.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Didn't know they wanted a DOF, understandable now, can't see a big character like Cook wanting control taken away from him. More often than not DOF's just cause a power struggle.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Not 100% sure if that bit is true, but that's what I saw someone saying. Wigan will have a big budget too and will be expected to bounce straight back with a team that already looks reasonably well equipped to going up.

The BBC reports that PC is interested in talking to Wigan about their managerial vacancy. I can't help but wonder why. Surely Pompey offers the brighter future.

Addendum. Should have read Wikipedia before I posted. He was born near there and once played for Wigan.

Feb 2, 2007
Plus chasing Yankee dollar with the Wigan chairman freeing up the cash. Or he's using it as leverage to get a better deal with Pompous. Win/win

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Pompey are between a rock and a hard place.

They have to find £5mill over the next few years to make necessary repairs to the ground.

They don't have it.

Do they try to scrape together that money and stay a fan owned club or do they sell to the nice rich American gentleman? The nice American wants a DoF.