Jeff Stelling

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A great rant from Jeff Stelling today on Sky Sport News when the Hartlepool result came in. He called for Dave Jones to be sacked and he would resign as President.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
He's now resigned as President.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Cobi Budge":2o8t2dqg said:
Desperate appointment no surprise to see that it's backfired.

If you look back Dave Jones had a good record in Management at a much higher level than Level Four. But for that piece of scum who gave false evidence against him in a celebrated Court case, I am sure he would/could have stayed a manager at a much higher level. It COULD have worked out well for Hartlepool but that is not in any way a reflection on Dave Jones, who has subsequently lived his life with great dignity and was a first class central defender for Everton before entering management.

C

CaffeineClubber

Always liked Jeff, could have changed support to a bigger team like Middlesborough where he got his journalism break, but he's dedicated to his roots.

Makes you wonder what must have been going on behind the scenes that he felt he had to have that rant on air like that, feels like owners were putting their head in the sand.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
I've always liked Jeff Stelling a lot, and clearly many oher Sky Sports fans have too or he would have been moved on years ago; but with the best will in the world his angry rants (there was a similar one the previous week), though clearly genuinely heartfelt, were excruciatingly unprofessional to witness.

He might have got away with it in terms of "live, real fandom TV" but I bet he's been given a severe rap on the knuckles by his employers and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's forced to introduce next Saturday's programme with a "sincere" and carefully worded apology.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Using his position as a TV Presenter to make someone lose their job. Heartfelt as a fan maybe, but this is very unprofessional.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Agree with the last two posts - that's how I felt when watching last Saturday. Just seemed wrong.