Germany V England | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Germany V England

Jun 11, 2012
It's definitely not their C team. We're 4 or 5 players short of full strength too. But yeah.

Promising stuff.

Edited to add: just seen Neilio's post :thumbup:. They're a bit more weakened than we are though.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Walker is England's only positional world class player imo, outstanding RWB. Formation suits him.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
A few promising signs but as per usual, a real lack of composure and bottle.

If Lingard and Dier played for mid table sides, they'd get nowhere near the England team.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":1q95q2ar said:
Walker is England's only positional world class player imo, outstanding RWB. Formation suits him.

A very good player in that position and definitely the best we have but I think your requirements for "world class" are set too low.

In my opinion we have only had ONE world class player in the last 30 years and that was Gazza.

Sep 10, 2010
Eastbourne
Lundan Cabbie":1sviaqlr said:
Cobi Budge":1sviaqlr said:

A very good player in that position and definitely the best we have but I think your requirements for "world class" are set too low.

In my opinion we have only had ONE world class player in the last 30 years and that was Gazza.

Scholes - Zidane described him as the best player he ever played against, playing him on the left was one of the most criminal decisions a manager ever made. Revered by top players and clubs alike.

Ashley Cole - would be difficult to find a better left back in his era or comparatively now. Can't think of any other defender who bested Ronaldo as much as him

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
No, Walker cannot be considered World class. Let him nail down an England place for a good while and maybe even win a club trophy or two before we get carried away. Gascoigne yes, Scholes definitely, Cole for several years at his peak and Lineker then I am struggling too. Lots of very good players who won plenty in club football amongst our so called golden era but they rarely shone on the top international stage. The England side we fielded the other night was amongst the poorest looking line ups in our history. I can't comment on the game as I gave up watching pointless friendlies many years ago.

Sep 13, 2003
Pointless Friendly? It was Lukas Podolski's final game....a World Cup winner ffs.
As for the side Southgate put out Jerry, England played very well....but seeing as you didn't bother to watch it...then I'm sure you are more than qualified to comment on all things England. Please keep us all updated with more in depth analysis on other things you didn't see.