Sad day | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Sad day

Jul 24, 2009
Didn't realise that was happening and it is a sad day and a real waste. I remember watching Argyle there a few years back and it was a nice ground, quite state of the art at the time, if a little in the middle of nowhere transport wise.

Sorry to see how it ended up.

To add, my visit was a season or two later I think but our first championship season under Luggy well and truly got under way here, 2 down and back to win 3-2, remember listening to the scores come in on 5 live. Happy days!!

Jul 29, 2010
Sad indeed.

But 'beware the Sugardaddy' is what I take from it.

When you're bankrolled beyond your natural means this sort of thing can happen. I know a lot of our number kneel at the foot of their beds and pray each night for someone to come in and artificially lift us.

They should have a look at that image and realise that existing within our means is safest way to go about things.

Jul 24, 2016
I was on a course in nearby Wellingborough last September and got talking to one of the locals about Nene Park. Apparently Kettering Town used for a while but could not afford to continue paying the rent required. Later attempts to use as a rock concert venue also failed. I was told that it had been heavily vandalised in recent times. I remember reading a very positive article on the ground in 442 after its construction, so real shame, but just re-emphasises the need for any club to have good foundations and not be reliant on one single individual.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Thumped 5-0 last night and bottom. I hope they can turn it around in the conference but until they fix the off the pitch problems there could be greater surprises ahead.

May 22, 2006
Green_Matt":2w1ra49c said:
Thumped 5-0 last night and bottom. I hope they can turn it around in the conference but until they fix the off the pitch problems there could be greater surprises ahead.

*whispers in Matt's ear*
wrong thread mate