Safe standing | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Safe standing

• Thread starter brightontilidie
  • Start date
B

brightontilidie

Hi all just wanted to know your thoughts on safe standing as the albion are looking into this possibility at the amex, do you think it would be a good idea .

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Absolutely fantastic idea. It would increase potential capacity and atmosphere in one fell swoop.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Its a great idea and would actually be safer than the standing that we see in current seating areas. Getting the change in law reqyuired is not going to be easy though.

B

brightontilidie

The albion have done fact finding trips & is something they are definitely looking into, went to Burton away they still have terraces thrre & was a brilliant atmosphere

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
brightontilidie":3vwrlxii said:
The albion have done fact finding trips & is something they are definitely looking into, went to Burton away they still have terraces thrre & was a brilliant atmosphere

The Home Secretary can trigger an alteration within the current legislation that will allow all seated stadiums to use safe standing without a White Paper being passed through Parliament. Until that happens, no club that already has to comply with the current all seated regulations can install and use such areas.

I can't see any benefit for any politician to alter the current arrangements. If Celtic's safe standing project remains incident free then lobbying English politicians may encourage them to look to change but I would think it will require three to five years.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Manchester United executives view Celtic safe standing, as pressure for a trial Old Trafford area grows

The Independent

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Green_Matt":3lfo1cth said:
I have yet to hear a sensible argument against the introduction of safe standing.

The only problem so far encountered is where supporters try to squeeze into rows so they can be beside their mates rather than stand in their own designated area which may be a few rows away. It is the only "danger" that needs to be addressed that I know of.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
To be honest I don't think that even that is a danger if capacity is not exceeded. For every person that does that there would be another who would move to the space vacated surely?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Green_Matt":39ocq2mk said:
To be honest I don't think that even that is a danger if capacity is not exceeded. For every person that does that there would be another who would move to the space vacated surely?

See, already people are thinking that it will be good to just go anywhere you feel fit rather than go to your allocated space. It detracts from it being "safe" standing if some rows end up with 30 fans to 20 spaces.

It happens already with seating but will be easier to abuse in safe standing areas. I was at Anfield in the away end where we were getting away with standing throughout the game but had we been told to sit down, we wouldn't have been able to because there were more fans than seats. Others had come into our area because that's where most singers were. To say it wont happen with Safe Standing areas is just ignorant.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Green_Matt":2an0avme said:
Well I did say that I expected people to gradually vacate areas if they seemed to be getting crowded.

I doubt that would convince a safety officer reconnoitring for the issue of a safety certificate or even a politician being lobbied to change the law.