A little light reading: Roots To The 92 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

A little light reading: Roots To The 92

Apr 26, 2016
Dear All,

I hope you make it in the play-offs. My main team (Southend) did last season, it's certainly the way to get promoted if it works, especially if you factor in the 122nd minute equaliser and penalty win that we had. I recall going a bit silly.

I also have seen Argyle win at Wembley and indeed in my time at Plymouth Uni in the early '80's I visited Home Park over 50 times, it's my second football home full of wonderful memories including that cup run.

Anyway, reason for the post is that I have just published a book (my first) which I have have written to be of interest to all football fans.

After 45 years of footie watching I completed doing the current 92 grounds last month (it took 125 grounds to do it) and to satisfy another goal on my 'bucket list' I have written a book on the journey. It is not a series of match reports (I'm sure that would be quite dull), instead it is a tale of what it was like to be there covering my experiences from 1971 to the present day. I'm sure many of my trials and tribulations will be familiar to your own. I have written it in a 'dry humour' style, my aim is to entertain, though no doubt if you do me the honour of buying it you will be the judge of that.

This is not a money-making exercise, that was never the aim. I have no delusions on being the next JK Rowling, I will simply be pleased to cover my costs on the tiny royalty percentage. Like you I just love talking football.

Although I am a dedicated Shrimper many of my ground visits were with other teams (I have not always lived in East Anglia) or as a neutral. So it is by no means a Southend-centric book. Indeed, a lot of it is Argyle related - two of the chapters very much have the Green Army at heart as you will see from their titles.

You can buy the book by simply typing 'Roots To the 92' in to Amazon (paperback or kindle) or the publisher (Completely Novel) site (paperback only). Currently the delivery is quicker with the publisher but Amazon will speed up soon as it's only just been set up with them. Or you can learn more about the book, see a video picture montage and access the buy links by visiting a website I've prepared for the book: http://www.rootstothe92.co.uk

All the best, Andy

PS note to moderators: apologies if I should have sought your permission to post this first, please excuse my excitement in having something published for the first time and also something I'm quite proud of. I genuinely think it will be of interest to all football fans.

Apr 26, 2016
Many thanks for the 'hits' on my book website so far - I can see from my site counter that plenty are from the Plymouth area. Enjoy a pre play-off day in the sun with a beer and an immediate kindle download of my book - or if you can wait a few days just order the paperback for a rainy day! Cheers

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Roots To The 92":qn73ak6t said:
PS note to moderators: apologies if I should have sought your permission to post this first, please excuse my excitement in having something published for the first time and also something I'm quite proud of. I genuinely think it will be of interest to all football fans.

It would have been better if you had, as Site Admin will not allow 'free adverts' on this site.

However, as you have said it is of interest to all football fans and as it doesn't clash with our advertisers that have paid for the privilege, it will be allowed.

:thumbup:

Apr 26, 2016
Good luck this eve Argyle, I'll be down the local (in Suffolk) cheering you on, need to dig out my 1980 Argyle scarf :scarf:

Apr 26, 2016
A little while since my last post - book doing well. Review just posted on Amazon by an Argyle fan:

"5.0 out of 5 stars: Brilliant
By James on 30 Dec. 2016
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
Drawn in by some of the Argyle references initially but I think fans of any club would enjoy it just as much as i did. A brilliant alternative take on ground hopping spanning generational changes in the game. Thanks Andrew for the nudge to try the book and hopefully meet Southend in league 1 next year."

I know that a few Argyle fans have bought the book and as mentioned before a lot of my 92 was with PAFC so there is a fair bit of Green Army in it.

Book kept selling out on Amazon in December but I understand that the next supply is due in on 3 Jan so can still be ordered now - and always available immediately on Kindle. Link https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roots-92-Andre ... 160&sr=8-1

I am aiming to be at Barnet tomorrow so if anyone wants to get a copy there then just message back by 11 am

Cheers

Apr 26, 2016
Am at Col Ewe with the glorious Green Army on Saturday and always love a victory over the poorest team in Essex

If anyone would like a copy of my book (now approaching 600 sales) and to pick it up on Saturday please send me a message before noon on Saturday and we can arrange to meet before the game. See my last post re a review by an Argyle fan.

A word of warning to folk going to the soul-less dump that Col Ewe now call home - parking isn't great. The main option is parking on the opposite side of the A12 and then chancing your luck crossing the slip-roads via the roundabout - just take care, there is no organised crossing point and cars approach at speed. then, if you get across safely there is a safety barrier and earth bank to negotiate.

Cheers

Andy