πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
βœ… Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
First place #1 Numero uno

Fury win 2-1 to win all 3 home games in 8 days, now 5 points ahead in Fall league and 2 points ahead on overall standings. Man it was hot temp was over 110F at ground level, i went through 4 bottles of gatorade and i was just sitting there.

Highlights and that is me standing by the wall as players enter the field

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZywtSsrx3k

Pogs all the officials we get are Canadian, but their only about 8 officials who rotate for each game, the guy who was the 4th official on wednesday is reffing the Fury on sunday at Edmonton which is over 2500 miles away.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
βœ… Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
And he did a good job of reffing, issued a yellow to a Ottawa player after 2 mins, but Ottawa won 1-0 with a goal in the 5th min of added time, now 6 points ahead in Fall season and 2 points ahead overall.

CLcWwBVWgAAD--e.png

Lundan Cabbie

βšͺ️ Pasoti Visitor βšͺ️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":6u93ldbj said:
First place #1 Numero uno

Fury win 2-1 to win all 3 home games in 8 days, now 5 points ahead in Fall league and 2 points ahead on overall standings. Man it was hot temp was over 110F at ground level, i went through 4 bottles of gatorade and i was just sitting there.

Highlights and that is me standing by the wall as players enter the field

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZywtSsrx3k

Pogs all the officials we get are Canadian, but their only about 8 officials who rotate for each game, the guy who was the 4th official on wednesday is reffing the Fury on sunday at Edmonton which is over 2500 miles away.

Top of the league? They must be taking at least a dozen coaches to Edmonton. :greensmile:

memory man

βœ… Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
See there is a team called Fort Lauderdale Strikers. Bloody dockers, always withdrawing their labour!!!

Lundan Cabbie

βšͺ️ Pasoti Visitor βšͺ️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":182gsuey said:
And he did a good job of reffing, issued a yellow to a Ottawa player after 2 mins, but Ottawa won 1-0 with a goal in the 5th min of added time, now 6 points ahead in Fall season and 2 points ahead overall.

CLcWwBVWgAAD--e.png

There are teams in there that I thought had disappeared years ago.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
βœ… Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
LC you are correct, I expect you were referring to Fort Lauderdale Strikers, Tampa Bay Rowdies, and New York Cosmos here is a brief history of the NASL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Ame ... cer_League

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
βœ… Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Every home game a local company sponsors a young fan to lead the teams out on to the field and to hold the match ball.

CMfUv79UwAA6zpS.jpg

Unfortunately the Fury could not set a NASL undefeated record losing 2-1 to Minnesota who scored with the last kick of the game. Fury still lead the NASL fall season by 5 points, this a by weak for the Fury next game against the NY Cosmos lead by Raul.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
βœ… Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
since last post Fury played 3 consecutive home games, lost to Minnesota 2-1 on a goal in 96th min, drew 0-0 with NY Cosmos and 2-2 with Tampa Bay Rowdies (after leading 2-0 after 20 mins), they then went to San Antonio and won 1-0 so the current Fall standings are

http://www.nasl.com/standings

5 points ahead of 2nd place team with 9 games left

Jun 8, 2014
Didn't your goalkeeping coach used to play for Argyle? Grobbelar or something, a decent coach on Football Manager if I recall.

Jun 8, 2014
Interesting. Must ask as I've inly experienced football in England and Norway - but what are the atmosphere's like at Canadian football? It's always looked odd on the TV for the MLS, not quite what we would consider an ordinary atmosphere in England at least, perhaps not conventional for us. Is it similar in Canada or is there a different aspect to it at all?