Checkatrade Trophy 2nd round draw. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Checkatrade Trophy 2nd round draw.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
For anyone who's interested;

Friday at 6.30pm.

We're not yest guaranteed a spot in the next round, but most of the groups have finished now.
Teams that finish second will be drawn away to a team who finished top.

Group 1: Portsmouth, Charlton
Group 2: Gillingham, Southend
Group 3: West Ham U21's, Swindon (Will be these teams, but position could change)
Group 4: Our group. No-one through yet.
Group 5: Swansea U21's, Forest Green
Group 6: Luton, Wimbledon
Group 7: Milton Keynes, Oxford
Group 8: Peterborough, Northampton

Beat Yeovil on the 28th and we'll have a home tie against one of Charlton, Southend, Swindon/West Ham U21, Forest Green, Wimbledon, Oxford or Northampton.
If we draw or lose, but still go through we'll be away to one of Portsmouth, Gillingham, Swindon*, Swansea U21's, Luton, Milton Keynes or Peterborough.

*West Ham U21's will be away whether they win their group or not.

EDIT: Winners from groups 1-4 will be drawn against runners up from 5-8 and vice-versa. So we could only play away at Swansea U21's, Luton, Milton Keynes or Peterborough - or at home to Forest Green, Wimbledon, Oxford or Northampton.

May 8, 2011
In the group stage the U21s sides had to play all the games away, does this apply to all rounds?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The attendance in the Grimsby v Sunderland game last night was 248 with 3 Sunderland fans. :lol:

May 8, 2011
What with Argyle’s attendance in the Trophy and the FA Cup being amongst the highest, are Argyle supporters becoming more ‘loyal’ or is down to good marketing by the Club?

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
PL2 3DQ":6dj58dvv said:
The attendance in the Grimsby v Sunderland game last night was 248 with 3 Sunderland fans. :lol:

Wow, I mean surely the FL cannot look past that stat. That is awful, truly awful. :crazy:

Jul 29, 2010
HC Green":3qusc983 said:
What with Argyle’s attendance in the Trophy and the FA Cup being amongst the highest, are Argyle supporters becoming more ‘loyal’ or is it down to good marketing damage limitation discounting by the Club and relatively 'glittery' opposition mesmerising the easily distracted?
This, I suspect, I hope.

It would be disappointing if not depressing even were Argyle's to be the one and only set of fans bucking the trend of showing this competition reformat a broad pair of buttocks.

A big :clap: to Grimsby and Sunderland BTW.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
You have to wonder how anyone at the top can possibly consider this a good competition. From a personal point of view I'm not bothered who they add in to the competition, it is after all a pointless competition. If they were messing with the fa cup then my attitude would be greatly different. You cannot surely, being the top brass, consider 250 people a success when up and down the country teams like Plymouth parkway are getting more than that at step 8? The problem though is when in the later rounds and more importantly the final, the two clubs manage to take 40000/50000 to Wembley thus warping the figures to show improved attendances. It is admirable that we in general are boycotting the competition along with many others but i fear a lack on knowledge to the wider public isn't getting put around. So why, as supporters of football as a whole, not making a bigger thing of this in full public view? If you want something to change and sooner rather than later then surely making a lot of noise about it will make people notice? Applauding it and berating the competition on a forum brings very little to the wider audience.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Argy1e":4vrc8j51 said:
EDIT: Winners from groups 1-4 will be drawn against runners up from 5-8 and vice-versa. So we could only play away at Swansea U21's, Luton, Milton Keynes or Peterborough - or at home to Forest Green, Wimbledon, Oxford or Northampton.
Made a slight mistake so I've edited the original post.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Last night Carlisle v Fleetwood had a crowd of 909 which was Carlisle's third lowest attendance ever.
Bury v Stoke kids had a 686 attendance.

The Shaun Harvey Idiotic Trophy competition is still a farce. :lol:

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
You can't polish a turd! :D

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
So they fudged the groups behind closed doors to artificially increase attendances with local derbies.

In theory the next rounds won't allow for this, so attendances are likely to drop even further.

However, as with everything EFL draw these days it will be a behind closed doors shambles.

So expect to see more fudge.

Jul 29, 2010
Alan Turing":uuog4tkm said:
You can't polish a turd! :D
But you can roll it in glitter, that seems to be Harvey's approach.

I've been to better attended matches in the 7th tier this season than those checkajoke fixtures :lol:

May 8, 2011
X Isle":260tdpkv said:
HC Green":260tdpkv said:
What with Argyle’s attendance in the Trophy and the FA Cup being amongst the highest, are Argyle supporters becoming more ‘loyal’ or is it down to good marketing damage limitation discounting by the Club and relatively 'glittery' opposition mesmerising the easily distracted?
This, I suspect, I hope.

It would be disappointing if not depressing even were Argyle's to be the one and only set of fans bucking the trend of showing this competition reformat a broad pair of buttocks.

A big :clap: to Grimsby and Sunderland BTW.

I would never have thought Grimsby as being glittery!