Vacancy at the Stadium of Light | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Vacancy at the Stadium of Light

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Grayson sacked tonight after 3-3 draw with Bolton.

Just 18 games for Grayson who may wished he stayed at Dèepdale.

Sunderland really are in a downward spiral.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
No home win in any competition since December 2016.

Grayson the 9th permanent manager since 2008 - rather a contradiction there.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Not a happy Colling household at the moment with Mrs C being a Black Cat ...

She's not happy with this; the club needs stability although every manager seems to indicate that there are problems behind the scenes at the Stadium of Light so if we can sort ourselves out, the domestic derby may be on for next season.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
cheshiregreen":2b83a9xi said:

Can't be many times in history a team has gone nearly a whole calendar year without winning a home game.

Playing boro this weekend which has become a bigger game for them than normal, my Boro supporting mate is feeling very confident!

You'd have to be a brave manager to walk into that club.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
You have to feel sorry for them. When they finally found the right man in Big Sam, England came calling and took him away.... for just one game.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
What a tailspin. It's been coming for a while though hasn't it, they must be such a depressing team to support. They just seem to be a basket case on and off the pitch (just look at the disgraceful way they handed the Adam Johnson business for example). You could easily see them replicating Sheffield United and spending six years in League 1, or Sheffield Wednesday/Forest and never ever getting back into the top flight.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Sunderwhelming!! :coat:

Interesting the number of posters re. Argo who insist that we would be a Premier team if we had a huge following every home game? I'm presuming Sunderachievers FC have a huge fanbase? :think:

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
What surprises me is that a club can spend so long in the lucrative top division and have so little to show for it. I wonder what their total turnover for the last 15 years is?

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Green_Matt":3y3k3v3b said:
What surprises me is that a club can spend so long in the lucrative top division and have so little to show for it. I wonder what their total turnover for the last 15 years is?

And it's surprising that virtually none of their ex-players have gone on to bigger things. Off the top of my head I can think of young Pickford who ought to be a good player one day; Jack Rodwell who did well as a kid for Sunderland and then disappeared without trace after signing for Man City; and that's about it. Sad really.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
The-Pilgrim":3q3ik1fj said:
cheshiregreen":3q3ik1fj said:

Can't be many times in history a team has gone nearly a whole calendar year without winning a home game.

Playing boro this weekend which has become a bigger game for them than normal, my Boro supporting mate is feeling very confident!

You'd have to be a brave manager to walk into that club.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... world-ibis

This article makes the Mackems predicement not look too bad lol.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Brussels Bureaucrat":9vko8fn4 said:
Green_Matt":9vko8fn4 said:

And it's surprising that virtually none of their ex-players have gone on to bigger things. Off the top of my head I can think of young Pickford who ought to be a good player one day; Jack Rodwell who did well as a kid for Sunderland and then disappeared without trace after signing for Man City; and that's about it. Sad really.

Jack Rodwell was at Everton from the age of 7 and joined Sunderland from Man City (who he joined from Everton).

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
The Doctor":1wrg4xl3 said:
Brussels Bureaucrat":1wrg4xl3 said:
Green_Matt":1wrg4xl3 said:

Jack Rodwell was at Everton from the age of 7 and joined Sunderland from Man City (who he joined from Everton).

Ah, my bad. So Sunderland made him disappear without trace? Sounds about right...