well done england | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

well done england

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Mighty encouraging at this and other age group levels. Hope to God the creativity and sheer talent doesn't get sucked out of them by the black hole of English talent that is the Premier League.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Agree, some very good players in that group.

Aug 10, 2006
I know this is an Argyle site but it don't happen very often, well done England u17's world cup WINNERS.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
They've only gone and won it. 2-0 down after half an hour, they came back and won 5-2. England are now world champions at u-17 and u-20 level.

Let's hope these players get a chance in the Premier League with their clubs.

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
Old Gunner":10nwqcv4 said:
Mighty encouraging at this and other age group levels. Hope to God the creativity and sheer talent doesn't get sucked out of them by the black hole of English talent that is the Premier League.
But it will happen because too many foreign players get preference so a lot of those youngsters at all levels will either get loaned out or disappear altogether

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
They've won the u17 World Cup which is great.

Why should they get a chance in the Premier League?

The standard is much, much higher.

The countries winning major tournaments generally have their players break through in their 20's

Aug 5, 2016
Thomas Edwards":3m46tnij said:
They've won the u17 World Cup which is great.

Why should they get a chance in the Premier League?

The standard is much, much higher.

The countries winning major tournaments generally have their players break through in their 20's

The problem is, the lads England U17s beat on the way to this world cup will start playing football in their domestic leagues aged 18, 19, 20, 21.

None of England's U17 team will be playing regular football in the Prem before the age of 21. Squad fillers with promise at best, out on loan is another safe bet.

Then when Prem clubs are looking at summer transfer targets, they will study who is young and banging them in in Greece, Turkey, Portugal, the Netherlands, Belgium, the Balkans. Prem clubs will pay £20m or more for the best ones.

These kids with 3-4 seasons of crucial first team experience will be the same young fellas the England U17s beat. They will transfer for big money, and be the star players the former England U17s can't get a start because of.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
The point I was the complete opposite to yours.

Most young Europeans don't play in the top flight until they are older than we expect over here, hence why they have B teams.

Aug 5, 2016
Thomas Edwards":9106o3dl said:
The point I was the complete opposite to yours.

Most young Europeans don't play in the top flight until they are older than we expect over here, hence why they have B teams.

Only Spain and Germany isnt it? Two countries dominated by one or two big clubs.

As for the U17s, that Hudson Odoi looks the pick of the bunch. He could play League One/Championship standard tomorrow.

Sep 19, 2015
I would argue that Phil Foden is the pick of the bunch in that u17 side. His natural balance, ability to pick the correct pass and the technique shown to execute these skills would say to me that he will be involved in the Mens National team sooner rather than later!