🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
A

andyr1963

Yes he his obviously wrong going on to the pitch, but I really do feel for the guy, if his team cared half as much as he does then they wouldn't be in the kak.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Pure passion that. Against the rules and all that but real fans understand what he's feeling.

Sep 13, 2003
IJN":3cbcyd3g said:
Pure passion that. Against the rules and all that but real fans understand what he's feeling.

Passion?! He just looks like a thug with serious anger management issues!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
He's been handed a lifetime ban from the Ricoh (not by Coventry), but then the club have given him an indefinite ban from watching them home and away.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
IJN":1bg4pe8v said:

I'd respectfully disagree with that actually. Tin hat on here, but you can love football and your team without it making you that angry. One of the things that annoys me about modern football is the idea that you're not a "real fan" unless every defeat ruins your weekend. Especially if you support eternal no-hopers like Coventry (or let's be honest Argyle), that's not going to end well. It's good to be passionate but there has to be a balance. You have to have a sense of gallows humour to really enjoy football I think - there is something kind of bleakly amusing about sitting through a 4-0 defeat to Scunthorpe. There's no point getting cross about it, the point about sport is that there are winners and losers. When it goes your way, brilliant. When it doesn't, have a pint and a moan about it and then find something more important to worry about until next Saturday.

Sep 19, 2015
Argy1e":1micgfn4 said:
He's been handed a lifetime ban from the Ricoh (not by Coventry), but then the club have given him an indefinite ban from watching them home and away.

The club can give them a stadium ban as it is there property and could play the trespassing card. They cannot however ban you from going to away games. To be banned from away games as well the police would need to issue you with a football banning order and that would involve going in front of a magistrate.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
PlymouthCasual":2q7p87xs said:
Argy1e":2q7p87xs said:

The club can give them a stadium ban as it is there property and could play the trespassing card. They cannot however ban you from going to away games. To be banned from away games as well the police would need to issue you with a football banning order and that would involve going in front of a magistrate.
Coventry City do not own the Ricoh Arena.

Sep 19, 2015
Argy1e":3hlz4uic said:
PlymouthCasual":3hlz4uic said:
Argy1e":3hlz4uic said:

Coventry City do not own the Ricoh Arena.

But as long as they hold the lease they are in control of who can and cannot attend there games in that stadium.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PlymouthCasual":34h3ky95 said:
Argy1e":34h3ky95 said:

Clubs may not be able to ban you from away stadiums but they can refuse to sell away tickets to you. Of course in the fourth division that might not matter so much but I know of Palace fans who have had their memberships withdrawn which in turn means that they can't buy tickets for either home or away games.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":byo4s27u said:
PlymouthCasual":byo4s27u said:
Argy1e":byo4s27u said:

Clubs may not be able to ban you from away stadiums but they can refuse to sell away tickets to you. Of course in the fourth division that might not matter so much but I know of Palace fans who have had their memberships withdrawn which in turn means that they can't buy tickets for either home or away games.

Do Palace really sell out every single away game? Pretty impressive if so. Certainly didn't used to be the case when they were in the Championship with us, they would probably bring the usual 500-750 or so but certainly didn't sell out. I remember watching Fulham (a similarly-sized club I guess) playing at Wigan once in the Premier League. This was under Hodgson, when they were having their best season ever - they got to the UEFA Cup final and finished about 8th in the league IIRC. There were probably about 200 away fans, which was pretty pathetic really.

We managed to take more fans to Preston the following Tuesday night, despite the fact that a) there was heavy snow all across the country on the Monday and Tuesday, b) it was twice as far and c) we'd been playing dreadfully for months - it was our second-to-last season in the CCC and we were beginning to look as though we wouldn't survive.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Brussels Bureaucrat":18vz9ufv said:
Lundan Cabbie":18vz9ufv said:
PlymouthCasual":18vz9ufv said:
Argy1e":18vz9ufv said:

Do Palace really sell out every single away game? Pretty impressive if so. Certainly didn't used to be the case when they were in the Championship with us, they would probably bring the usual 500-750 or so but certainly didn't sell out. I remember watching Fulham (a similarly-sized club I guess) playing at Wigan once in the Premier League. This was under Hodgson, when they were having their best season ever - they got to the UEFA Cup final and finished about 8th in the league IIRC. There were probably about 200 away fans, which was pretty pathetic really.

We managed to take more fans to Preston the following Tuesday night, despite the fact that a) there was heavy snow all across the country on the Monday and Tuesday, b) it was twice as far and c) we'd been playing dreadfully for months - it was our second-to-last season in the CCC and we were beginning to look as though we wouldn't survive.

Most Palace away games do sell out in the PL. We now have more away season ticket holders than the numbers we brought to HP in the Championship days. Also, don't forget that away ticket prices are capped in the PL and travelling isn't as harsh for a Palace fan as it might be for the Green Army. However, I certainly wouldn't travel to a game hoping to be able to pick up a ticket on the day, even at home. Non-members (or banned members) will still pick up tickets from unauthorised sources but that may be with a struggle and certainly with no guarantees each week.