✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
After being nominated 10 times it was 11th time lucky as he's won the League 2 Manager of the Month award.

Leaguemanagers.com

Mar 8, 2016
Ade the green":1hk572z7 said:
He'll leave them with a legacy of the best Academy outside the premier league.

Biggest overstatement if ever I heard one, yeah they've had a few players leave for decent money mainly because these lads get the chance to play and prove themselves, but the best academy outside the prem it certainly isn't. As for Paul tisdake, great manager, should have gone on to manage a better club than Exeter but you have to admire his loyalty.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
The situation at Exeter must surely suit him beyond footballing reasons. Not that that's a bad thing as never in my lifetime have they been so 'good'.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Army green":2z4yicge said:
Ade the green":2z4yicge said:
He'll leave them with a legacy of the best Academy outside the premier league.

Biggest overstatement if ever I heard one, yeah they've had a few players leave for decent money mainly because these lads get the chance to play and prove themselves, but the best academy outside the prem it certainly isn't. As for Paul tisdake, great manager, should have gone on to manage a better club than Exeter but you have to admire his loyalty.

Paul Tisdale, before joining Exeter was in charge of team Bath which is based around the university. It is his vision that has seen Exeter become what it is now and I don't believe he's finished there yet. He will continue to grow what they have there and I expect in due time, when he's done with the first team to continue as academy director. It's not often that that is the ambition of a pro manager but his history shows he's all about education and not just in football. His academy youngsters and first team have a pedigree in non sport education as well.

Whilst it might be a bold statement it has to be realised that with the premier league able to pinch youngsters for a pittance, Exeter and Tisdale have realised that to safeguard their investment they have to progress the academy to be one of the best in the country. Already, it is better than League 1 and League 2 academies and most likely better than many in the championship. All the money they make they are ensuring that it is divided equally amongst the first team, the poo stadium and the Cat and Fiddle and the next thing in line is the facilities at the C&F which are already head and shoulders better than ours for example to be improved.

Not such a bold statement. I have not said the best in the country as it can't live with MUFC, Chelsea et al but certainly must be within spitting distance of the top 5% outside the premier league.

Jun 2, 2016
Any manager able to keep them out of the National League has to be deemed a 'success'.
Playing Sutton, Aldershot, Wrexham etc much more the level of a town like Exeter