Sky Sports revamp

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Pogleswoody":2k5wqbmc said:
A Premier League channel and a separate football channel?? :facepalm:

What I can't work out is what will be on the PL channel during say an international break or the cricket channel when there isn't any to be shown.

Repeats or pundits chatting?

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
I still won't be wasting my money and contributing towards the game's eventual demise at the hands of those leeches. They pay the equivalent of £11M per 'live' game which is obscene considering how much of that ever sees the outside of the EPL bubble.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Emeraldinho":3ei2gs15 said:
I still won't be wasting my money and contributing towards the game's eventual demise at the hands of those leeches. They pay the equivalent of £11M per 'live' game which is obscene considering how much of that ever sees the outside of the EPL bubble.

If they offered less though, someone else would come along and offer more. Is it Sky 'a fault that around the world there isn't the demand for our lower league football?

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":1j9a3rzc said:
Emeraldinho":1j9a3rzc said:

If they offered less though, someone else would come along and offer more. Is it Sky 'a fault that around the world there isn't the demand for our lower league football?

I'd like to see the figures on the lower league games shown vs lower premier games (Watford vs Hull etc). Is it that much lower? Given they pay much less to show lower leagues, I'm sure there is still profit to be made.

A

andyr1963

Remember ITV Digital?

No money to be made outside the Premiership, by that I mean money that would be of interest to a TV company. Club by club or game by game internet matches would be the obvious route.
Quite a few games (away games) would be profitable for Argyle. With the proviso that the away ticket allocation had already been sold.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Read the legal bit sky event is a bonus channel if you take the full package they will therefore think of a way to get big 6 matches on there and then the Watford vs palace or Bournemouth vs Burnley will be left on the sky football channel
That's been the issue with Sky for far too long you have to pay for everything or only get the stuff you don't want

It's even worse now with bt taking european games as rather than introducing competition it means you have to pay more to see every game that's not preventing a monopoly as was intended

Until they sell all matches to three suppliers who can then set there own pricing structure to see all games or packages then you won't truly get competition
It seems if you live abroad you can stream anything you want though

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Mark_Colling":1qyc5g7t said:
Lundan Cabbie":1qyc5g7t said:
Every Premier League game is on TV live somewhere in the world.
Every Spanish Primera fixture is screened live in Spain itself

It is, although to the detriment of most of the fans due to the nature of silly staggered kick off times and last minute alterations.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
cheshiregreen":1s983ybv said:
Pogleswoody":1s983ybv said:

What I can't work out is what will be on the PL channel during say an international break or the cricket channel when there isn't any to be shown.

[insert sport here] gold no doubt. I like the idea of splitting it out but not sure the PL channel for example will be priced that differently from the cricket channel.

Then they will offer some sort of bundle where you end up buying all anyway because individually it doesn't make sense to the customer.

you only have to look a the sky daily schedule now to see how little they have to show.

Depending on price id probably take the football, cricket and golf channels and then do the PL and F1 on a TV Now scheme.

I wonder in the PL whether the top 6 (as someone says) will ultimately have a dedicated channel and then receive more tv revenue that the other teams who are cast off to the football channel thus creating a divide in the PL?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Adam_R":3e38kr6v said:
cheshiregreen":3e38kr6v said:
Pogleswoody":3e38kr6v said:

[insert sport here] gold no doubt. I like the idea of splitting it out but not sure the PL channel for example will be priced that differently from the cricket channel.

Then they will offer some sort of bundle where you end up buying all anyway because individually it doesn't make sense to the customer.

you only have to look a the sky daily schedule now to see how little they have to show.

Depending on price id probably take the football, cricket and golf channels and then do the PL and F1 on a TV Now scheme.

I wonder in the PL whether the top 6 (as someone says) will ultimately have a dedicated channel and then receive more tv revenue that the other teams who are cast off to the football channel thus creating a divide in the PL?

The Premier League would have to vote on that and six votes wouldn't be enough to pass such an idea

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Emu":23qa5u4z said:
Mark_Colling":23qa5u4z said:
Lundan Cabbie":23qa5u4z said:

It is, although to the detriment of most of the fans due to the nature of silly staggered kick off times and last minute alterations.

I once went to an Atlético Madrid game that kicked off at 11:55pm (i.e. five minutes before midnight).

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Brussels Bureaucrat":1bu793jw said:
Emu":1bu793jw said:
Mark_Colling":1bu793jw said:
Lundan Cabbie":1bu793jw said:

I once went to an Atlético Madrid game that kicked off at 11:55pm (i.e. five minutes before midnight).

Ha, I can well believe Brussels! :)

Mind you, the bars and clubs in Madid don't usually start getting going until after midnight, so perhaps that kick off is about right. :)