FSF boycott of the Sun newspaper | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

FSF boycott of the Sun newspaper

Apr 8, 2016
I've just seen that at the Football Supporters Federation representatives of 70 football clubs passed a motion to boycott the Sun newspaper, due to a range of issues but predominantly Hillsborough. Does anyone know if Argyle were one of them? I can't find the information anywhere.

Jun 27, 2017
What twaddle. They dont represent me. Virtue signalling, politicised nonsense. No business of theirs what papers people elect to buy

Jan 27, 2012
Its up to each individual to decide whether to buy a particular newspaper or not- I don't want to be told what to buy by other opinionated people. I don't buy the Sun because it doesn't interest me- but if I wanted to I would.

The people who were at the newspaper during the Hillsborough disaster have probably all left the organisation years ago anyway.

I hope Argyle had no part in this political nonsense.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I agree with FattyBolger. What next, tell people not to buy the Daily Mail because of it's content? Freedom of choice I'm afraid.

The details:

90 Minutes

Jan 3, 2013
Emeraldinho":3t167b42 said:
FattyBolger":3t167b42 said:
What twaddle. They dont represent me. Virtue signalling, politicised nonsense. No business of theirs what papers people elect to buy
Absolutely.

Spot on , what's next.......book burning?

Aug 30, 2016
Peverell
I've never bought The Sun and never will, it's barely fit to wrap chips in in my opinion, but that's my decision and not influenced by anyone else. I'll decide what to read and what not to read, I won't be told what I should or should not buy. FSF? FFS is closer.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Emeraldinho":owa5h2di said:
FattyBolger":owa5h2di said:
Absolutely.

We are becoming a totalitarian state at this rate, trying to suppress a free press. If people choose not to buy The Sun without being coerced, it would not upset me to see it disappear, because it went bust financially.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
4evergreen":2momyhmr said:
I've never bought The Sun and never will, it's barely fit to wrap chips in in my opinion, but that's my decision and not influenced by anyone else. I'll decide what to read and what not to read, I won't be told what I should or should not buy. FSF? FFS is closer.

Somebody must have influenced you. How can you have such an opinion if you've never bought a single copy ;)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Lundan Cabbie":3fcarhrh said:
4evergreen":3fcarhrh said:

Somebody must have influenced you. How can you have such an opinion if you've never bought a single copy ;)

Maybe he used to read someone else's copy Lundan?? :whistle:

Aug 30, 2016
Peverell
Pogleswoody":qo8ad6ke said:
Lundan Cabbie":qo8ad6ke said:
4evergreen":qo8ad6ke said:

Maybe he used to read someone else's copy Lundan?? :whistle:
Quite right, my barber buys it and I've occasionally picked it up if I've had to wait too long. If you're bored enough you'll read any old rubbish.

Dec 2, 2005
London
Quintrell_Green":252ssfi4 said:
Emeraldinho":252ssfi4 said:
FattyBolger":252ssfi4 said:
Absolutely.

We are becoming a totalitarian state at this rate, trying to suppress a free press. If people choose not to buy The Sun without being coerced, it would not upset me to see it disappear, because it went bust financially.

As pointless as I think this "boycott" is not I'm not really sure how we've jumped to totalitarian state nonsense within a few posts. The state isn't doing anything; a civil society group we are all free to ignore is sounding off.