NorfolkGreen

:clap: :nworthy: Similar angle to Van Bastens belter in 1988

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
NorfolkGreen":3e48juuv said:

Defoe's sat up nicely for him, straight in front of him, good strike :thumbs: but .....

Van Basten's came through the air, across the goal, over the heads of defenders, he had one chance only to catch it right and volley it back across the goal into the opposite corner, much much better goal and technique than Defoe's. :nworthy:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
As much as I love Julian Speroni, at 6'1" he's too small for a keeper these days. Take nothing away from JD though. Superb finish.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Pogleswoody":ez4hkptu said:
NorfolkGreen":ez4hkptu said:

Defoe's sat up nicely for him, straight in front of him, good strike :thumbs: but .....

Van Basten's came through the air, across the goal, over the heads of defenders, he had one chance only to catch it right and volley it back across the goal into the opposite corner, much much better goal and technique than Defoe's. :nworthy:

Unless he just fluked it who knows?

Lev Yashin

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Aug 1, 2017
Canada
Defoe just took a swing and hoped for the best.
For a real goal how about Peter Crouch for Stoke city couple years ago. :thumbs:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Lundan Cabbie":2ewkeprg said:
As much as I love Julian Speroni, at 6'1" he's too small for a keeper these days. Take nothing away from JD though. Superb finish.
The ball followed a similar trajectory to that one in an England World Cup game that hit Paul Parker and ballooned upwards. Shilton, despite being on or very near his line could not reach it. Imho (and without looking at it again) Speroni could have been 8 feet tall and he would not have got that.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Shilton was a shortie too. I wonder if he would be told he was too small to get to the very top if he was starting out nowadays.

N

NorfolkGreen

Pogleswoody":l1h0ql2l said:
NorfolkGreen":l1h0ql2l said:

Only comparing the position they were scored from not their technical attributes.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
NorfolkGreen":3qkofdj7 said:
Pogleswoody":3qkofdj7 said:
NorfolkGreen":3qkofdj7 said:

Only comparing the position they were scored from not their technical attributes.

Fair enough Norfy! ;)

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Cobi Budge":2wxja5bx said:
Should be one of the contenders for SPOTY in my opinion.
Why? His performances dropped significantly in the second half of last season and he often looked uninterested on the pitch. Okay, he did a lot fair amount off the pitch when it comes to Bradley Lowery, but no more than Vito Mannone did.