Could Aston Villa stay up? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Could Aston Villa stay up?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
They've picked up eight points in their last five games, which is the same amount as they picked up in their first twenty. If they keep up their last five game form they'll finish on 37 points...Could they stay up?

I know someone's likely to comment saying "yes they could, the question is will they", but then often when you ask will they you get someone saying "Nobody knows, they might, they might not" so you can't win either way with the title.

A

andyr1963

Would like to see them stay up. Got a hunch that Garde could turn out to be the best manager Villa have had since god knows when.
Would rather see Sunderland drop out of the "bigger" teams struggling this season. Even if it did mean "big Sam" blotting his record book.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Unfortunately I think the lack of goals will be the reason they go down. That Gestede hasn't been able to do it in the premier league and Agbonlahor blows hot and cold.. They desperately needed a experienced centre forward in January.

A

andyr1963

Agbonlahor is about to turn into a rich vein of form.

:greensmile:

My "cheap" fantasy league team needs him to. :D

C

Cobi Budge.

Swansea, Norwich & Villa for the drop.

Sunderland will stay up even if it's by the skin of their teeth, finally starting to put some good performances together and Defoe is looking extremely sharp, Big Sam is a fighter and is capable of doing a job with whoever at whatever level, even with scarce resources. I've always liked him.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Norwich and Villa for me too. Swansea seem to have turned the corner though they aren't out of it yet. Bournemouth have a lot of winnable games left so I think they will be OK. Sunderland still favourites for the 3rd spot for me.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Norwich, Villa and Newcastle for me. Sunderland have played some good football and have gotten results against teams around them in the bottom part of the table. And Jermaine Defoe has scored 10 goals from 21 games this season - a good return for a striker in any team in the EPL. Newcastle haven't got a decent striker and have an idiot for a manager.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Stay up ?. There is more chance of me playing for Barcelona !. After today disgraceful display their squad should donate their salaries to a deserving charity, as those players do not deserve to get paid.