Hereford United RIP | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hereford United RIP

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Link

Hereford United have been suspended "from all football activity" by the Football Association.

The club have "failed to comply" with a deadline to answer questions posed by the Independent Regulatory Commission's owners' and directors' test.

Having initially submitted documents, they were requested to send "further documentation" by Monday.

But they failed to meet that deadline, which also results in the suspension of majority shareholder Alan McCarthy.

C

Cobi Budge.

Majority of Hereford fans are delighted at this news and they've been praying for it for a long time, they feel it'll be the final nail in the coffin for the crooks at the club.

It looks as though their takeover will happen and this could well be a case of things having to get worse to get better.

On the downside, the players aren't even permitted to train, officially anyway, as that's considered a football activity.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's all very, very sad.

A great old club with a good tradition.

B

BlackCountryGreen

According to local (Midlands) news Hereford were wound up by a judge in the High Court in London today. Their owner was allegedly held up by traffic as he journeyed to the court with 'proof' that he had the one million pounds necessary to avoid the winding up. However, the judge lost patience after umpteen previous hearings. Very sad - and that could have been us. Happy New Year pilgrims.

Jan 29, 2010
All very sad a decent club with lots of tradition, and who could ever forget that cup win over Newcastle !!
Good luck to all the players and supporters

Dec 3, 2005
Hopefully see the birth of Hereford FC, cleansed of all the 'idiots' who were in charge of the club.

Football supporters need to take their game back from the money men, who know nothing about football.

Their but for the grace of God go many a club.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
djg145":20hcbq6y said:
Hopefully see the birth of Hereford FC, cleansed of all the 'idiots' who were in charge of the club.

Football supporters need to take their game back from the money men, who know nothing about football.

Their but for the grace of God go many a club.

Yes, I think there was more sense to be found in the sheep pens of the next door cattle market at Edgar Road.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
I wonder what the FA's opinion of this is? Some of what goes on in terms of club ownership is a disgrace to the game. Fans have been saying this for years but will anything ever change?

N

NorfolkGreen

First game of the new Phoenix club should feature fans from all clubs, support our football friends.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Chris Dennis":3svl7cww said:
Number crunching:-

Hereford Debts: £148k - (wound up)

Blackburn Debts: £79.8M - (£40M loss in one year)

Intersting stat and i see the point you are trying to make, however football debt is much like personal debt - its ok if its manageable.

I have a mortgage a six figure debt the bank, but i am able to pay it off. If i get a good credit card, i will put purchases on that and then pay it off monhtly usually because it is 0% or has a benefit to me. If i couldnt repay my mortgage or defaulted on my credit card repayments, i would be in the same position as Hereford. My friend who earns 5 times my salary may have a mortgage much larger than mine, and more on credit cards but providing they can repay them, its not an issue (same position as Blackburn).

Blackburn obviously have sufficient cashflow at the moment to repay the critical elements of that debt to keep the wolves from the door. The question remains for most of these clubs is how long can that continue - when does it become non-manageable for them. If they arent being harassed by creditors then they must be scraping by.

It appears that the finacial fair play rules seem to be implemented piecemeal at the moment, but the sanctions against Notts Forest show that some progress is being made. Not sure what other steps the FA can take at the moment.