ECFC sign Morrison | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

ECFC sign Morrison

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
18 games gone now and time for a recap so far. I obviously had to choose a team to compare ourselves so chose our nearest and dearest rivals ( knowing they look in from time to time).

League 2
Best win:

Argyle 3-0 X 2...... Them 2-0.just the once.

Worst defeat:

Argyle 0-1....... Them 0-3 against guess who.

Clean sheets:

Us 10/18. Them 1/18 despite having England's No 1.

Wins:

Us 9. Them 7

Draws:

Us 3. Them 6 the only thing they're really better at!

Losses:

Us. 6. Them 5

Goals for:

Us 21. Them 24 really? I thought they were scoring for fun.

Goals against:

Us 10. Them 23 ( reminder..England's No 1 )

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Ottawa Green":3dmthnyq said:

3 recent signings and only 1 decent one among them.

Morrison is too old and his best scoring record was 16 in a season a hundred years ago. Recently struggling to get to 5 but at least when the Exewebbers count up his contribution, they've a spare finger to shove up their ar5e.

Ryan Harley, good once not played since leaving Exeter and bombed out of Prem, championship and now league 1 clubs whilst he falls back to his real level of Weston Super Mare.

Alex Nichols, the only player worth spending money on, that is if Exeter pay him this time and don't rely on Northampton to pick up the tab.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Ade the green":1o5xmmxn said:
Ottawa Green":1o5xmmxn said:

Morrison is too old and his best scoring record was 16 in a season a hundred years ago. Recently struggling to get to 5 but at least when the Exewebbers count up his contribution, they've a spare finger to shove up their ar5e.

Ryan Harley, good once not played since leaving Exeter and bombed out of Prem, championship and now league 1 clubs whilst he falls back to his real level of Weston Super Mare.

Alex Nichols, the only player worth spending money on, that is if Exeter pay him this time and don't rely on Northampton to pick up the tab.
Morrison whilst no longer a prolific goalscoring gives City an extra dimension, his hold up play is good and he brings others into the game, throw that in with the occasional goal and he doesn't look a bad player to have. Especially on non-contract terms until January.
Harley whilst probably not match fit from having not played in a while still has quality and i'd have taken him here, he's a good signing for them.
And you've already said about Nichols, but if they can get them all fit then that's three really good signings for Exeter.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Argy1e":c0wh8462 said:
Ade the green":c0wh8462 said:
Ottawa Green":c0wh8462 said:

Morrison whilst no longer a prolific goalscoring gives City an extra dimension, his hold up play is good and he brings others into the game, throw that in with the occasional goal and he doesn't look a bad player to have. Especially on non-contract terms until January.
Harley whilst probably not match fit from having not played in a while still has quality and i'd have taken him here, he's a good signing for them.
And you've already said about Nichols, but if they can get them all fit then that's three really good signings for Exeter.

You say three, I say one. Time will tell.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I notice that the Chinos have signed Clinton Morrison.
Not had a club since the summer but that could prove a handy signing.
Still we've at least got the free-scoring Morgan and Smalley combo to fall back on if Reid gets crocked..phew

Apr 30, 2011
Fair play to Tisdale, he is doing a brilliant job given the resources he has available. I think this is a very shrew signing. I would have been happy if we had signed him will January on same terms.

Jun 8, 2014
Yeah, didn't they do great against Warrington! :lol:

(In all seriousness he is doing a decent job with what he has. Can't imagine Morrison or Harley are on cheap wages though. Wonder how they're paid for..)

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Paven":2v6xkine said:
Yeah, didn't they do great against Warrington! :lol:

(In all seriousness he is doing a decent job with what he has. Can't imagine Morrison or Harley are on cheap wages though. Wonder how they're paid for..)

Morrison hasn't had a club since the summer - I expect that's dented his salary expectations somewhat

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Ade the green":2ug1tw9e said:
18 games gone now and time for a recap so far. I obviously had to choose a team to compare ourselves so chose our nearest and dearest rivals ( knowing they look in from time to time).

League 2
Best win:

Worst defeat:

Clean sheets:

Wins:

Us 9. Them 7

Draws:

Losses:

Us. 6. Them 5

Goals for:

Goals against:

It is incredible to believe that despite their problems and the excellent runs of form that Argyle have produced this season, it is only that Home Park result against them that separates the two clubs in the table. The perception has been that they have been against the ropes but they're right in there really. Clinton will hinder rather than help I feel though.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Lundan Cabbie":2d3rahc1 said:
Ade the green":2d3rahc1 said:

League 2
Best win:

Worst defeat:

Clean sheets:

Wins:

Us 9. Them 7

Draws:

Losses:

Us. 6. Them 5

Goals for:

Goals against:

It is incredible to believe that despite their problems and the excellent runs of form that Argyle have produced this season, it is only that Home Park result against them that separates the two clubs in the table. The perception has been that they have been against the ropes but they're right in there really. Clinton will hinder rather than help I feel though.

There's a few misconceptions that is shown up. That Exeter score loads and we have problems finding the net for one. Only three goals difference over 18 games. Seeing as our worst defeats are only 1-0 (2-1 also but I've figured to have scored is a positive) it does mean goals against has meant points lost whereas Exeter with some high scoring matches but conceded more per game also (last Saturdays 3-2 an example). That said I believe a tight defence will earn more points than a hopeful strikeforce.
Exeter's recent form is really quite inspiring but is also fragile I suspect and when we start into winter properly will the heavier pitches prove the deciding factor?
Whilst Exeter has had a blistering 10-11 game spell, we've not really had that form. If we had I believe we'd be out of sight in the driving seat

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton