Premier lge player of the season | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Premier lge player of the season

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
Player of the season;
Hazard
Gerrard
Sturridge
Suarez
Lallana
Yaya Toure

Good to see 3 English players there and not all the players being players who play for a top 6 club.

Young player of the year;
Daniel Sturridge (aged 24)
Sterling
Barkley
Hazard
Ramsey

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Being a Southampton semi-follower (due to Uni) you won't find someone on this forum who loves Adam Lallana more than me but he's never in the best six players of this season at all imo. Good, but not that good.

Yaya Toure, Nasri, Hazard, Suarez, Sturridge and Willian would have been my six. Suarez being the winner.

My young six: Sturridge, Hazard, Sterling, Shaw, Rodriguez, Eriken. Hazard being the winner.

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
I don't see a player aged 24, who has been playing in the premier league for 6/7 seasons, should be classed as a "young" player.

N

NorfolkGreen

Will-I-am and Nasri over Gerrard?

Suarez to win the player of the year, Hazard for young player (although I'm not sure what constitutes young)

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
NorfolkGreen":1h8djzjj said:
Will-I-am and Nasri over Gerrard?

Suarez to win the player of the year, Hazard for young player (although I'm not sure what constitutes young)
Gerrard has had a great season but his goal tally has been slightly over-boosted by penalties and whilst he's been good, I think Couthinio and Henderson have both outperformed him for Liverpool this season. Obviously it's a great sentimental story for him to be such a regular and finally winning a title at 33 (if they do) but in terms of pure quality he's not been one of the best six for me.

Thinking about it, I'd possibly have Henderson over Eriksen for 'young player' too.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
tagz":3c84qvlw said:
I don't see a player aged 24, who has been playing in the premier league for 6/7 seasons, should be classed as a "young" player.

Historical. When the award started back in the seventies, we had Under 23 internationals so that is where the line was drawn. Anyone who is/was 23 or younger at the start of the season can be considered for the award.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
The Doctor":1z4jvoc2 said:
Willian? Every time I have seen him play on TV I have thought he was absolutely rubbish.
Perhaps we've seen different games :lol: I think he's adapted excellently after a slightly slow start.

However, on reflection perhaps that start in itself isn't enough to justify being in the best six. Shove Silva in there instead.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Hazard a shoe in as young player for me. can't stand Suarez but he would probably get my vote for player of the year pipping Hazard and Toure. Gerrard has had a fantastic finale to the season but I think sentiment would be coming into play should he win it. Best list of candidates for several seasons in my view and tougher than normal to call.