Votes: 84 46.4%
  • This thread is complete nonsense

Votes: 81 44.8%

• Total voters

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
I see according to the BBC Warnock is stating he would like to sign a midfielder that can play in the hole behind the main striker. Also he is saying Lambert needs game time elsewhere to get his fitness up to Championship standard.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
nick_PASTIE":19xplay5 said:
We have Ryan Taylor and Blissett. Don't think another target man is a priority

Should GC move on, Lambert converts a mean penalty, but I accept it would be wrong to take a player solely for that virtue.

Feb 2, 2007
Quintrell_Green":dq6ct838 said:
nick_PASTIE":dq6ct838 said:
We have Ryan Taylor and Blissett. Don't think another target man is a priority

Should GC move on, Lambert converts a mean penalty, but I accept it would be wrong to take a player solely for that virtue.

Without GC we may struggle to get in the oppo's penalty area, let alone win a penalty! Think Bradley should work on his shooting for free kicks and pens a la Wottsy.

Jan 26, 2009
Tamerton Foliot
I see that Warnock has said today that Ricky Lambert does NOT feature in his plans for the coming season. He has one year left to run on his 2 year contract, so he can sit it out if he likes, but Colin has said that he wants to move him on within the next 2 weeks.
Could he do a job for us in League 1? Have his legs 'gone'? Is still only 35, with a wonderful goal scoring record, but the goals have dried up for him over the past couple of years. Liverpool paid £4million for him 3 years ago. WBA paid £3million 2 years ago. Cardiff paid an 'undisclosed fee' for him only a year ago. No doubt he's on big wages for the remainder of his contract, but that's Cardiff's problem, not ours. Argyle could make a contribution towards those wages if Colin would let him go on loan (which he likely would if there's no buyer)............................

Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
mercedes":13xs75fb said:
I see that Warnock has said today that Ricky Lambert does NOT feature in his plans for the coming season. He has one year left to run on his 2 year contract, so he can sit it out if he likes, but Colin has said that he wants to move him on within the next 2 weeks.
Could he do a job for us in League 1? Have his legs 'gone'? Is still only 35, with a wonderful goal scoring record, but the goals have dried up for him over the past couple of years. Liverpool paid £4million for him 3 years ago. WBA paid £3million 2 years ago. Cardiff paid an 'undisclosed fee' for him only a year ago. No doubt he's on big wages for the remainder of his contract, but that's Cardiff's problem, not ours. Argyle could make a contribution towards those wages if Colin would let him go on loan (which he likely would if there's no buyer)............................

Legs have gone. Desire has gone. No thanks!

Oct 14, 2015
MajorGreen":s8660awy said:
mercedes":s8660awy said:

And you've formed this opinion on what???

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Many clubs claiming the same thing, I think it unlikely to be true

Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
Welwyn Pilgrim":13lutv3b said:
MajorGreen":13lutv3b said:
mercedes":13lutv3b said:

On the last 2 seasons performances... Thanks :thumbup:

Feb 5, 2015
MajorGreen":2df3o8k7 said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":2df3o8k7 said:
MajorGreen":2df3o8k7 said:
mercedes":2df3o8k7 said:

On the last 2 seasons performances... Thanks :thumbup:

I'm not saying for a second that I want him, but I disagree with your comments - particuarly as you're comparing apples and pears - League One is significantly lower in quality than the Premier League, and a bit lower than the Championship.

Less than 3 years ago, he was scoring goals for England and was starting for Liverpool. He's scored goals everywhere he's been - including last season in his limited playing time for Cardiff. If he hadn't moved to Liverpool and had stayed at Saints, or another similar side - he wouldn't have suffered the way he has.

Lambert would score goals for us, and any team in League One. You don't lose that instinct. Plus - he'd be fantastic to have around the club as a leader, and also as someone who can help our younger players to improve.

I'd personally prefer a younger, more mobile striker - but if Adams thinks Lambert is the man for us - I'd have to say he would be a low-risk gamble for me.

P

Piran-Pilgrim

I think if Bristol Rovers, who are rumoured to be after him, think he could do a job for them, then why not us.