David Wheeler? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

David Wheeler?

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
davie nine":3eevmn4g said:
Adam Simeoni is probably Wheeler's agent or is an Exeter supporter trying to generate some income for his club.
Firstly, that's not really the point of why I'm linking the article
Secondly, I highly doubt Adam Simeoni is Wheeler's agent
Thirdly, if Adam Simeoni is an Exeter fan, I doubt he'd be trying to promote players leaving
Fourthly, it's going to be a long close season if every article is met with a comment of "whoever wrote that is either the player's agent or a supporter raising money"
Fifthly.. hey, what do we think about David Wheeler then?

Dec 4, 2011
Good player with a great record this season, although I just can't see that we will be signing players that are already in a contract with another club in the summer, unless a deal like Ryan Taylor's can be agreed.

Spending money on transfer fees is a curious topic though and despite Blissett's 15k, it will be interesting when we next spend serious money on a player.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
SinceIWasYoung":cskmn41i said:
Good player with a great record this season, although I just can't see that we will be signing players that are already in a contract with another club in the summer, unless a deal like Ryan Taylor's can be agreed.

Spending money on transfer fees is a curious topic though and despite Blissett's 15k, it will be interesting when we next spend serious money on a player.

Barnet spent money on players in January. Didn't work out too well.
Steve MacLean cost us 500k. We all remember that one.

We should only start spending when it's for the right players.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
When we look at players do we have to look at players within Devon?

Wheeler intimated the season before last that he'd tipurned us down to stay at the circus so let's not bother again. We should be looking at players a lot better than David Wheeler however good you think he is.

Apr 1, 2009
I'm immediately sceptical about the "£128k rated". Who exactly rates him (or any other player for that matter) at the rather odd figure of £128k? Have Exeter put that price on his head? Has anyone bid that precise figure for him? It smacks of some sort of figure generated by a computer, based on random criteria programmed into it. The length of Wheeler's current contract would be a key part of any transfer fee negotiation but, apart from saying the contract was extended, Mr Simeoni doesn't state the length of the extension. Probably because he doesn't know.

Aside from that, Wheeler's a decent player at this level. I suspect that Exeter would try to get more than the quoted fee, and have no idea whether they would be successful. More importantly I would be staggered if we paid a 6 figure fee, or anything close to it, in the summer. There will be a mass of free agents out there, and I'm sure Mr Adams is perusing an extensive list of such freebees.

Aug 5, 2016
Wheeler is a League Two banger, Argyle are not.
We're leaving players like him behind for a few decades.

Knibbsworth":1mu7ptpm said:
Wheeler is a League Two banger, Argyle are not.
We're leaving players like him behind for a few decades.

He's scored 20 goals this season from the right wing. Let's get real that's not a league 2 banger.

Don't think it will happen but if he came to Argyle then I'd be delighted.