• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

League 1 and 2 clubs going broke

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
mervyn":3obyo48p said:
The BBC reports on a risk survey carried out by finanancial analysts, who suggest that 4 EFL clubs in leagues 1 and 2 are at significant financial risk. I can think of the obvious 3, Coventry, Orient and Morecambe, but who might be the fourth?
I think I read that 3 were Div 3 and only one Div 4

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Its surely only got to be a matter of time before HRMC finally manages to close a club down for good? God knows they've had enough attempts in the past. I see Orient's staff and players have still to receive their March wages and their owner has gone incommunicado - not looking rosy for them at all, is it?

Emeraldinho":1uqe7rz1 said:
Its surely only got to be a matter of time before HRMC finally manages to close a club down for good? God knows they've had enough attempts in the past. I see Orient's staff and players have still to receive their March wages and their owner has gone incommunicado - not looking rosy for them at all, is it?

You're right. HMRC Has stated quite openly that they intend to close down a football club in order to encourage all others to pay their tax bills on time.