Torquay forward Nathan Blissett for Argyle? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Torquay forward Nathan Blissett for Argyle?

Apr 29, 2016
Would be a very good signing I reckon, a bit of a Garita. He was a real handful in the pre-season friendly!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
philmeboots":y8n9c5gq said:
Would be a very good signing I reckon, a bit of a Garita. He was a real handful in the pre-season friendly!

At 6ft 4in he would be able to compete against tall CBs in aerial challenges, which is worth something. He is the nephew of Luther Blissett ex-Watford and Milan, no less. It is strange that aged 26 he has not really come to the fore before.

Oct 14, 2015
If we sign him then at least give the lad a bit of support and a warm welcome. Who remembers the negativity when Brunty signed for us and who wouldn't give their left arm( or Liverpool ticket) to have him back fit and healthy for the rest of the season.

Oct 31, 2015
Good luck to him. Brunty came from that league and look what he did before he got injured.

Aug 5, 2016
Quintrell_Green":yy4cea78 said:
philmeboots":yy4cea78 said:

At 6ft 4in he would be able to compete against tall CBs in aerial challenges, which is worth something. He is the nephew of Luther Blissett ex-Watford and Milan, no less. It is strange that aged 26 he has not really come to the fore before.

Not necessarily. Aerial prowess is down to positioning and bravery, in my opinion. Some short forwards and defenders can be exceptional, some tall ones can be awful. It helps to be 6' 4" but he could be poor at that side of the game. A good case in point would be Jamille Matt in playoff final, and Matt Elliott down the other end - both similar in height and physique, but one dominated his aerial battles and the other won nothing whatsoever.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
4 goals in 26 appearances this season for a National league team does not impress me

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
He's not a goal scoring upfront player. He's a target man that will hold up the ball and try and occupy the 2 CB's enabling other attacking players to get into space.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Tugboat":q6ylslwj said:
He's not a goal scoring upfront player. He's a target man that will hold up the ball and try and occupy the 2 CB's enabling other attacking players to get into space.

If your right that is exactly what we're missing. Trigger mk2.

Feb 2, 2007
Ottawa Green":3nuwdyma said:
4 goals in 26 appearances this season for a National league team does not impress me

Brunt had a poor record but Adams would have a role for him. Plus he has exceptionally inexperienced and unsettled players around him, which never helps.

Think he's worth a punt, hopefully with a decent loan option coming in if Harita goes back Brizzle.