Dean Cox | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Dean Cox

Sep 2, 2016
Good evening, first post :)

Dean Cox has become a free agent after leaving Orient by mutual consent. It appears a transfer deadline move to Northampton fell through in the 11th hour, leaving him now unable to sign for a football league club until the next window.

From seeing him play for a few years for the O's, he was always a bright, exciting and threatening player. A player that i for one believe we should definitely look to bring in.

Anybody else think he is the winger we are crying out for?

May 8, 2011
If the contract was cancelled before 11pm on Wednesday he is a free agent he can sign for a club at any time, the transfer window rule doesn't apply.

Mar 14, 2009
It looks like he cant sign for anyone until the January transfer window.

If some of you think Brent is bad, I suggest you look careful at other clubs chairman. Namely the Leyton Orient one.

It appears as Cox move didn't happen that Becchetti (Leyton Orient Chairman) decided to release him and therefore prevent him playing football for the next 3 months.

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/s...but-move-for-dean-cox-not-an-option-1-7558212

This bit is the interesting part from it .....

"The decision to cancel his contract does leave the player as a free agent as he is without a club but, due to the new EFL rules, he is now unable to sign for a Football League club until the January transfer window opens.

Players are only allowed to sign for League clubs outside of the transfer window if they were out of contract prior to 11pm on transfer deadline day, and Cox was still registered as an Os player at that time.

It seems Cox’s only option for immediate football is to sign for a non-League club, but if he does that he will not be able to join a League club in January either, as the rules state players can only play for two clubs in any one season."

Something I've never seen before. Leyton Orient fans aren't happy and just see it as a vindictive move by their chairman.

However, someone did make a joke out of Cox leaving with regards to Argyle on their forum

http://leytonorientforum.co.uk/topic17977.html

Although the original poster was pelted for it.....

Nov 18, 2011
I imagine a non league club with money to burn such as Eastleigh will be after him.

An injury free Dean Cox is the best player in League 2, better than Carey in my opinion but it sounds like it's been a while since he was without injury.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Must be put on the radar to see what he's up to in January. That said, every other league 2 side worth their salt will be doing the same.

Jan 29, 2010
I'm sure I have been reading that Ruben Reid is considering signing for Newport and can do so and play as he is a free agent. Whats the difference between his situation and Dean Cox`s ?
Don't we have employment laws in the UK regarding the right to work ?

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
Would be a good signing but no football until January would mean a risk that it would take time for him to get up to speed and for the money required to sign him it may not be worth the investment.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Pete H":sczq11vy said:
I'm sure I have been reading that Ruben Reid is considering signing for Newport and can do so and play as he is a free agent. Whats the difference between his situation and Dean Cox`s ?
The difference is Dean Cox wasn't a free agent before the end of the window.

Aug 5, 2016
LeonTheGreen":2o28oca6 said:
Get him training with us until January then sign him up.. Class player.

Totally agree, he's as good as it gets in League Two. I hope we've put an offer in for him to train with us. Let him fall in love with the area while keeping match fit.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Pete H":2w0bqbqu said:

Restraint of Trade?? :think:
I would have thought a Court could be quite sympathetic to someone who has been deliberately prevented from working at their trade?? Out of vindictiveness/pettiness?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Knibbsworth":3cym7f72 said:
LeonTheGreen":3cym7f72 said:
Get him training with us until January then sign him up.. Class player.

Totally agree, he's as good as it gets in League Two. I hope we've put an offer in for him to train with us. Let him fall in love with the area while keeping match fit.
Cox wants to start playing again as soon as possible. He's played about 10 times in the last year because of injury, so I'd expect him to join a National League side until at least January.

Apr 13, 2016
Pompey were selling Kyle Bennett to Ipswich but the deal was pulled because Bennett's replacement could not be freed from his contract in time.
Cox was due to sign for Northampton but it is known Paul Cook wanted to bring Cox to fratton.
The player himself has his loyalty bonus from Orient on place. They wanted him to forfeit it or for Pompey to pay it. Becceti is such a nasty man to a loyal 'O'.
Cox may still join Pompey in January, certainly Bennett. Who didn't even make the squad today, looks set to leave. Lalkovitch has ousted him and on today's display is going to be unplayable on his good days.
Cox is or was PCs final.piece. let's see in January