Rumours | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Rumours

Jul 6, 2009
Wylde has disappeared from his city centre apartment- surely he win sign? Reid is off- surely he will pass a medical or we will be stuck with him and he will be stuck on a poor contract? Mellor is just a back up and his contract surely reflected this- with the signing of a right back why would he stay? Why do I keep hearing the name Bob? I see.... Nelson is worth more than £25,000 isn't he? Why would he want to move up 2 divisions- McHugh will stay unless somebody offers a lot of money- which they may- but is he worth it? How much money would it take to sign Oscar? Too much? Not interested? Of course he is. It is a long way from home though. What about those forwards from Scotland.... via England.... estate agents the lot of them. Do you think?

May 22, 2006
Thanks Skynet.

Maybe Wylde has just gone on his hols. Shame that RR is off but best that we live within our means. Again fair enough re Kelvin but £25K for Nelse must surely be missing a zero. Sounds like good news about McHugh. Oscar needs to be sensible if he wants to come. Bit late to be checking out Plymouth estate agent names, but I'll check to see if Iceland have a forward named Bob when we play them. I see = icey = Iceland,or am I just getting colder?

Or is it Bobic? 22 years old, Serbian, good with both feet?
Would hit the headlines though to sign Ivana as she's not a man.

Jun 20, 2015
David Fox??

Dad - Peter Fox Ex Grecian player manager, family now live in Devon.

Excellent start to his career, Man U and capped at England youth level. Seems to have lost his way a bit as of late although featured regularly for Norwich in the Championship.

A bit of a trend going on with these type of players.

Thoughts??

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
skynet":95amo32v said:
Wylde has disappeared from his city centre apartment- surely he win sign? Reid is off- surely he will pass a medical or we will be stuck with him and he will be stuck on a poor contract? Mellor is just a back up and his contract surely reflected this- with the signing of a right back why would he stay? Why do I keep hearing the name Bob? I see.... Nelson is worth more than £25,000 isn't he? Why would he want to move up 2 divisions- McHugh will stay unless somebody offers a lot of money- which they may- but is he worth it? How much money would it take to sign Oscar? Too much? Not interested? Of course he is. It is a long way from home though. What about those forwards from Scotland.... via England.... estate agents the lot of them. Do you think?

That's better, Skynet. Will keep an eye on developments and see if your reputation remains intact.

Apr 1, 2009
pastiesforlife":ifdo37re said:
Thanks Skynet.

Maybe Wylde has just gone on his hols. Shame that RR is off but best that we live within our means. Again fair enough re Kelvin but £25K for Nelse must surely be missing a zero. Sounds like good news about McHugh. Oscar needs to be sensible if he wants to come. Bit late to be checking out Plymouth estate agent names, but I'll check to see if Iceland have a forward named Bob when we play them. I see = icey = Iceland,or am I just getting colder?

I think people have got to be realistic about what we get for Nelson. These compensation payments are small. If (as is generally accepted) we got around £200k for an in-contract Hourihane, we'll get a mere fraction of that for an out of contract Nelson.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Plymouth Estate Agents - Cummings, Fox, Connell, Fulford, Lang....

Jason Cummings outside of our league?
Jack O'Connell?
Danny Fox?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
xmastree":1msjdj7x said:
pastiesforlife":1msjdj7x said:
Thanks Skynet.

I think people have got to be realistic about what we get for Nelson. These compensation payments are small. If (as is generally accepted) we got around £200k for an in-contract Hourihane, we'll get a mere fraction of that for an out of contract Nelson.
Nelson's being playing regularly at Argyle since 2010/11 and he's been our captain for the last two years. The fact a Championship club want to sign him suggests they think he could get into their team so his value is likely to be quite high. With all that taken into account we should get a decent initial fee, but in these cases most of the overall fee would be based on performance based clauses and sell ons that get added in at the tribunal, so we might not get it all at once, but we should get a very decent fee.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Argy1e":10vhvytm said:
xmastree":10vhvytm said:
pastiesforlife":10vhvytm said:
Thanks Skynet.

Nelson's being playing regularly at Argyle since 2010/11 and he's been our captain for the last two years. The fact a Championship club want to sign him suggests they think he could get into their team so his value is likely to be quite high. With all that taken into account we should get a decent initial fee, but in these cases most of the overall fee would be based on performance based clauses and sell ons that get added in at the tribunal, so we might not get it all at once, but we should get a very decent fee.

How much is a decent fee?

Barnsley may argue that £25000 is more than decent for a player we allowed to run down his contract...

I suppose our argument in our valuation of him would depend upon the contract we've offered. One year?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
When Brentford signed Will Grigg from Walsall, Walsall valued him at 1m. They got an initial fee of 325k and it ended up rising to 605k. That was signing a player who had just had one good season in League One and he was younger than Nelson which is likely to have a negative impact, however, that was a player going to a club in the same division, he'd played nowhere near as many games and wasn't captain. I think we'd get a similar fee for Nelson which isn't too bad, especially if it rises with add-ons like that one did.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Argy1e":6al82jqm said:
When Brentford signed Will Grigg from Walsall, Walsall valued him at 1m. They got an initial fee of 325k and it ended up rising to 605k. That was signing a player who had just had one good season in League One and he was younger than Nelson which is likely to have a negative impact, however, that was a player going to a club in the same division, he'd played nowhere near as many games and wasn't captain. I think we'd get a similar fee for Nelson which isn't too bad, especially if it rises with add-ons like that one did.

Walsall did offer him a four year deal though, which would suggest that they did value him highly. I wonder if we've been smart and offered Nelse a BIG deal in order to use that as evidence of our valuation of him?