New Players | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

New Players

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
Argyle should look at these players:

CONNOR JENNINGS, 19 year old, striker, Stalybridge Celtic. Jennings is a quick striker with good movement who likes to play on the shoulder and is always looking to run in behind and get a shot in on goal. At the age of 17 he made his Stalybridge debut during the 08/09 season and also managed to score in that debut performance. He is a player with big potential and someone who continues to get better with every game. Jennings scored 13 goals in all competitions during the 09/10 season and scored 18 goals in all competitions during the 10/11 Conference North season. So far during 11/12 Jennings has scored 14 goals in 19 appearances (including 4 as sub).

JASON PRIOR a highly rated striker currently playing for Bognor Regis in the Ryman League Division One South. Prior was Bognor's top goalscorer with 23 goals in 40 games during the 09/10 season and was also named Players Player of the Year after they signed him from Wessex Premier League side Moneyfields FC. Prior is a strong player, has dominant aerial ability, is a clinical finisher and has more than enough potential to play in the pro game. He finished the 10/11 season with 44 goals in 54 games. So far during 11/12 Prior has scored 19 goals in 21 games and continues to impress.

ROSS ALLEN, 24 year old, striker, Guernsey FC. So far during the 11/2 season Allen has scored 29 goals in only 18 games for the recently formed island side in the Combined Counties League Division One. Allen was also named Guernsey's Player of the Season and Top Goalscorer for three season's running when playing for them in their former guise. He Finished top scorer for the England Amateur team in the UEFA Regions Cup in Croatia, and also was top scorer in Guernsey's FA NLS cup success which sealed their qualification to the UEFA Regions Cup. Recently returned from his second International Island Games tournament and played a key role in helping Guernsey to a Silver medal.

NATHAN HOWARD, 17 year old, striker, Dereham Town. So far during the 11/12 Ridgeons League season Howard has scored 3 goals in 4 starts (2 sub apps) and has also scored 6 goals in 3 appearances for the Norfolk Under 18 representative team (who he also captains) and scored 2 goals in 10/11 to help Norfolk win the FA County Youth Cup for the first time in their history. Howard also played and scored as the Dereham Utd Under 18's faced Leyton Orient in their FA Youth Cup 1st Round tie (02/11/11) and in total has scored 9 goals in 6 games for the Dereham under 18's with a further 4 assists. Has reportedly attracted the interest of a number of scouts and has reportedly spent some time on trial at Premier League Norwich City during the 11/12 season.

TOM PETT, 19 year old, right winger or striker, Potters Bar Town. Scored 14 goals in 44 games during 10/11. After his displays during the 10/11 season he was awarded Managers Player Of The Year, Supporters Player Of The Year and Players Player Of The Year. Has spent some time on trial recently with the Brighton development squad and scored in a game against Watford back in August. So far during 11/12 Pett has impressed scoring 7 goals in 12 games in the Ryman League Division One North.

CONOR WASHINGTON, 19 year old, striker, St Ives Town. Currently impressing in the Combined Counties League, Washington was linked with a move to Premier League Norwich City during the summer of 2011 where he was also rumoured to have been offered a trial. Named St Ives Town's Supporters Player of the Year for 10/11. Currently scored 11 goals during 11/12 season and the highly rated striker is reportedly being monitored by a number of scouts.

MICHAEL GOSNEY, 22 years old, left winger, AFC Totton. The 6ft 2in winger capped a superb 09/10 season by scoring a hat-trick and collected the man-of-the-match award for the Hampshire FA Senior Cup Final thrashing of Aldershot. In total he scored 25 goals in 50 games that season and also had 31 assists. Finished 10/11 as the Southern League Div One South & West top goalscorer for the second season running with 36 goals to his name as Totton were promoted to the Southern League Prem. Currently scored 12 goals in all competitions so far during 11/12 season.

TONY STOKES, 24 year old, 5ft 10in, centre midfield. A combative but creative midfielder with an eye for goal who impressed coming through West Ham United's youth and reserve ranks where he was captain. He made his Hammers first-team debut in September 2005 as a substitute in a League Cup match against Sheffield Wednesday. He then spent time later that season on loan at Rushden and Diamonds where he played 19 times. Another loan followed in August 2006 at Brighton and Hove Albion that saw him make six league appearances. He went on loan to Conference side Stevenage Borough in November 2007, where he showed plenty of potential. Upon his return to West Ham United for the closing stages of the 2007/08 season, Stokes regained the reserve-team captaincy and again put in some impressive performances. Moved to Hungarian club Ujpest in February 2009, initially joining the club on loan before making his move permanent at the start of the 09/10 season. During his time in Hungary he helped Ujpest qualify for the UEFA Europa League, where he started both legs of the club's second qualifying round defeat by Romanian giants Steaua Bucharest, playing in front of crowds numbering 15,000 and 25,000. After more than 30 appearances in league and cup, the midfielder requested to have his two-year contract terminated and returne to England. He signed for his local team Concord Rangers in the Ryman Premier League where he finished his debut 10/11 campaign scoring 25 goals in 50 appearances. Stokes was also named supporters Player Of The Year and CRFC Goalden Boot winner.

DALE WHITHAM, 19 year old, central midfield. Whitham is a versatile (can pretty much play anywhere) player, is tall, quick, strong and also blessed with a fantastic engine that enables him to get forward well and is a big threat in and around the opposition box. Finished Chorley's Evo-Stick League Division One North 10/11 season with 20 goals to his name and reportedly attracted a number of scouts (including Rochdale). Made his debut for Leigh Genesis as a 16 year old in the 08/09 season and during his time there won the 09/10 Young Player Of The Year award for his impressive displays. He has some decent pedigree too as he spent some time on the books of Manchester United as a youth team player. Whitham was called up and represented the England U18 schoolboy international side in 2010 making 3 starts and scoring 1 goal against Northern Ireland. So far during the 11/12 season Whitham has scored 3 goals in 15 appearances. A player who's manager, Garry Flitcroft (ex Man C/Blackburn) describes as: "one of the best prospects in non-league." Named 10/11 Chorley Players Player Of The Year.

CHRIS ALMOND, 23 year old, right winger, Skelmersdale United in the Evo-Stik League Division One North. Lightning quick, skillful and has a keen eye for goal. His manager Tommy Lawson has said: "Chris Almond, in my opinion, can be better than the three lads who have left this club and gone onto careers in the Football League. He has got more awareness than (George) Donnelly, more pace than (Craig) Noone and more trickery than (Sean) McConville. Everyone knows I am a big admirer of those three players and quite proud of what they have achieved. But what this kid can do is scary." Scored 29 goals playing from the wing in 10/11. So far during 11/12 Almond has scored 7 goals.

KENNY STRICKLAND, 20 year old, right back, Skelmersdale United in the Northern Premier League Division One North. Strickland was a highly thought of youngster who played for Manchester United for three seasons, one as a schoolboy and then a two-year youth scholarship which expired in the summer of 2009. After leaving Man Utd he signed a short term deal with Chelsea who were suffering a defensive shortage in their academy. He did enough to turn that into a season long deal, the equivalent of a third year youth scholarship. Kenny's contract expired at the end of the 2009-10 season and he was released on a free transfer. Since leaving Chelsea he has dropped into the non league ranks and has linked up with one of his local clubs Skelmersdale Utd in the hope that their manager Tommy Lawson can help resurrect his career and get Strickland into a league club like Lawson did with Craig Noone and George Donnelly. A quality defender more than capable of playing League Football.

MICHAEL CHAMBERS, 17 year old, centre back, Dulwich Hamlet. 6ft 2in tall, strong, elegant, good positional sense, strong in the tackle and good in the air, left footed Chambers captains the Dulwich youth team and has also made 6 first team appearances so far during the 11/12 Ryman League Division One South season. Reportedly attracted the interest of Premier League scouts including Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham and is highly rated in non league circles. Dulwich Hamlet have a successful youth policy and recently sold the prolific Paul McCallum to West Ham and Quade Taylor to Crystal Palace for nominal fees and continue to produce quality players.

ASHLEY MILLER, 21 year old, right back, Concord Rangers. The full-back has plenty of pace and attacking ambition. He gets forward well, puts in dangerous crosses and is strong in the tackle. He is an ex West Ham Youth team player who was highly rated during his time in the hammers academy. Miller was taken on as a first-year Academy scholar back in May 2006 in the same intake as Freddie Sears, Jordan Spence and Junior Stanislas and progressed to becoming a regular for the Under-18 side. According to the hammers website he showed real potential in a couple of high-profile reserve-team outings against Arsenal and Chelsea during the 2007/08 campaign. He Made 38 appearances during 10/11 in the Ryman Prem, scoring 4 goals in the process.

SHAUN DENSMORE, 22 year old, right back/right midfield, Altrincham Town. Densmore is a former Everton Academy Player of the Year (2006/07), who was released by the Toffees in summer 2008. After trials with Bradford City he joined Altrincham, following in the footsteps of his father Peter, an Altrincham favourite in the 1980s. He scored on his debut for the England "C" side against Malta in February, 2009 having established himself by then in the Altrincham midfield. Despite an early season suspension in 09-10, Shaun soon re-established himself as a tenacious right-back/midfielder with good crossing ability, decent passing range, good positional sense, good composure and with a decent free kick in his armoury. Up to the end of the 2010/11 season Densmore had made a total 125 appearances for Altrincham, scoring 13 goals. So far during the 11/12 season he has made 13 appearances, scoring 2 goals in the Conference North.

PELE RUDDOCK, 17 year old, central midfielder, Boreham Wood. A powerful, athletic and gifted player, Ruddock also appears to have the hunger and desire to make it in the pro game. West Ham have reportedly invited him for a trial spell and he's also attracted admiring glances from clubs such as QPR and Watford. Has currently appeared in 11 first team games in the Conference South and also impressed for Boreham Wood during their 11/12 FA Youth Cup campaign, and was also part of the Boreham Wood Under 19 ECFA National Cup, Suburban Northern Reserve League and Under 18 Southern Counties Floodlit Youth League winning sides of 10/11.

RYAN CROWTHER, 23 year old, right midfielder, Hyde United. The winger spent two seasons at Premier League side Liverpool after a £300,000 move from Stockport County in 2007, when he was in his first year as a professional. During his time at Stockport he made two first team appearances before his move to Anfield, incidentely including one as captain which made him the youngest captain in Stockport's history. Crowther joined Blue Square North club Hyde United during the summer and currently has 9 goals from the right wing in the Conference North. Only on a non-contract deal so could be available on a free.

REECE HALL, 18 year old, left wing/right wing/attacking midfield, Tooting & Mitcham. Hall is the brother of Southend's Ryan and a very exciting prospect who started to attract interest with his performances as a 17 year old in the 1st team during 10/11. He has pace, strength, skill, dribbling ability and also has a good shot on him. His manager Mark Beard recently said - "He is going to be a professional footballer no doubt about it and we want him on a contract but cannot do that until he turns 18 in May," said Beard. "He has got two great feet and he always scores spectacular goals, he has got everything and is very adaptable in terms of where he plays. "He is still learning the game though and could go on trial at different professional clubs but the best thing for him is to be here playing week in week out and hopefully people will come watch him." During the 10/11 season Hall made 13 starts and 7 sub appearances scoring 5 goals and was subsequently named the Tooting & Mitcham Young Player Of The Year. So far during 11/12 Hall has scored 2 goals in 9 appearances.

Mole":2oj8w74w said:
CHRIS ALMOND, 23 year old, right winger, Skelmersdale United in the Evo-Stik League Division One North. Lightning quick, skillful and has a keen eye for goal. His manager Tommy Lawson has said: "Chris Almond, in my opinion, can be better than the three lads who have left this club and gone onto careers in the Football League. He has got more awareness than (George) Donnelly, more pace than (Craig) Noone and more trickery than (Sean) McConville. Everyone knows I am a big admirer of those three players and quite proud of what they have achieved. But what this kid can do is scary." Scored 29 goals playing from the wing in 10/11. So far during 11/12 Almond has scored 7 goals.

If he could be better than Noone then hes worth a look!

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
Kevin Phillips, Matt Derbyshire, Jason Roberts, DJ Campbell, Zat Knight, Maik Taylor, Sam Ricketts, Jermaine Beckford, Chris Smalling, Jody Craddock, Michael Kightly, Albert Adomah, Martyn Woolford, Marvin Bartley, Charlie Austin, Carl Baker, Dave Martin, Luke Varney, Aaron McLean, Jimmy Bullard, Andy Drury, Steve Morison, Cody McDonald, Simeon Jackson, Grant Holt, Oli Johnson, Gareth McLeary, Nathan Ellington, Paddy Kenny, Fitz Hall, Lee Cook, Paul Parry, Neil Taylor, Ashley Williams, Shwan Jalal, Anton Robinson, Liam Feeney, Sam Wood, Leon Legge, Ashley Barnes, Craig Noone, Harry Arter, Paul Benson, Andrew Bond, Danny Green, Ryan Harley, Matt Taylor, Anthony Pilkington, Lee Novak, Lee Hughes, Craig Westcarr, Sam Sodje, Neal Bishop, George Boyd, Craig Mackail-Smith, Chris Whelpdale, Lee Tomlin, Yannick Bolasie, Craig Dawson, Michael Morrison, Giles Coke, Aaron Martin, Aden Flint.

Just a selection of former Non-League players who have recently been performing at a higher level.

The players i mentioned in the original post are all good enough to play in the football league in my opinion and Argyle should do everything in their power to have them all checked out because i'm sure they can be of benefit in the short term and also the long term as i believe they are players with potentially high sell on values.

Nov 8, 2010
Mole":2swfz6e4 said:
Kevin Phillips, Matt Derbyshire, Jason Roberts, DJ Campbell, Zat Knight, Maik Taylor, Sam Ricketts, Jermaine Beckford, Chris Smalling, Jody Craddock, Michael Kightly, Albert Adomah, Martyn Woolford, Marvin Bartley, Charlie Austin, Carl Baker, Dave Martin, Luke Varney, Aaron McLean, Jimmy Bullard, Andy Drury, Steve Morison, Cody McDonald, Simeon Jackson, Grant Holt, Oli Johnson, Gareth McLeary, Nathan Ellington, Paddy Kenny, Fitz Hall, Lee Cook, Paul Parry, Neil Taylor, Ashley Williams, Shwan Jalal, Anton Robinson, Liam Feeney, Sam Wood, Leon Legge, Ashley Barnes, Craig Noone, Harry Arter, Paul Benson, Andrew Bond, Danny Green, Ryan Harley, Matt Taylor, Anthony Pilkington, Lee Novak, Lee Hughes, Craig Westcarr, Sam Sodje, Neal Bishop, George Boyd, Craig Mackail-Smith, Chris Whelpdale, Lee Tomlin, Yannick Bolasie, Craig Dawson, Michael Morrison, Giles Coke, Aaron Martin, Aden Flint.

Just a selection of former Non-League players who have recently been performing at a higher level.

The players i mentioned in the original post are all good enough to play in the football league in my opinion and Argyle should do everything in their power to have them all checked out because i'm sure they can be of benefit in the short term and also the long term as i believe they are players with potentially high sell on values.

Do you charge your clients by the hour for time spent on Pasoti promoting them?

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
ScratchyMattress":1i9szfe0 said:
So where has this been cut and pasted from then? Someone that doesn't know that Dereham Utd are actually Dereham Town apparently. Which doesn't fill one with confidence.

Hands up schoolboy error - i typed that out as quickly as i could and wrote United instead of Town. My mistake and i apologize in the unlikely even that any Norfolk folk may have read that and become offended as they are indeed Dereham Town. Also apologies to any nit picking, pernickety upstarts who may have a problem with my shocking error.

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
Manchester Green":3ujq2zu2 said:
Mole":3ujq2zu2 said:

Do you charge your clients by the hour for time spent on Pasoti promoting them?

Do some research and you'll see the majority of them have different agents. I'm not an agent - i've already said that anyway.

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
martynargyle":g0fr2uya said:
no youre an idiot promoting dustbin men and postmen for a pro club in league two!
now be a good lad and go find some real players that dont pay subs for their clubs

I'm not quite sure what point you are trying to make because Charlie Austin was a brick layer before he signed for Swindon - has that stopped him becoming a prolific goalscorer in the Football League. I'm sure his impressive team mate Marvin Bartley was a postman/dustbin man/brickie (delete as applicable) when he played for the likes of Burnham and Didcot Town.

Good job Fulham weren't put off signing Chris Smalling because he used to work for a living too while playing for Maidstone.

Good players are good players no matter what level they are currently playing at.

A

Argyle1886

martynargyle":2t11ttmv said:
Mole":2t11ttmv said:
martynargyle":2t11ttmv said:
no youre an idiot promoting dustbin men and postmen for a pro club in league two!
now be a good lad and go find some real players that dont pay subs for their clubs

I'm not quite sure what point you are trying to make because Charlie Austin was a brick layer before he signed for Swindon - has that stopped him becoming a prolific goalscorer in the Football League. I'm sure his impressive team mate Marvin Bartley was a postman/dustbin man/brickie (delete as applicable) when he played for the likes of Burnham and Didcot Town.

Good job Fulham weren't put off signing Chris Smalling because he used to work for a living too while playing for Maidstone.

Good players are good players no matter what level they are currently playing at.

i dont doubt they are good players and better than i have ever been, thats not what im getting at and its great that normal working people get a break but why would we seriously go for people that havent played league football now when we are struggling?
we have enough of those already and look where its got us!
so unless we are happy for BSP football next season i would suggest looking for seasoned pros

Shut up.

Negative posts as always! We take what we're given. Unfortunatly, Brent doesn't have the money to buy us prem players.. and considering we're bottom of league two, I quite like the idea of giving non-league players the chance. Plenty of talent out there in non-league football!

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
You'd sign the players (or at least look at them) because they are good enough to play in the football league and in your current position you need all the quality you can get. It's as simple as that.

I haven't put a bunch of nobody's infront of you here i can assure you of that - two have been on the books of West Ham, one has been on the books of Chelsea & Man Utd, one has been on the books of Liverpool and another lad was also on the books of Man Utd.

If you look at people like Smalling and Austin for example, the former was on the books of Millwall and the latter was on the books of Reading. Players slip through the net all the time and end up in non-league.

You can go right back to the likes of Clough/Taylor at Nottingham Forest for non-league success stories e.g. the signing of Gary Birtles.

Apr 4, 2004
I would love Argyle to be looking in this direction for players. We have seen for ourselves how beneficial it can be. Look at Noone & Mackie. Young hungry players on their way up in the world. We got great service from them. then made money when they left. Mole whoever you are you speak a lot of sense and although I know nothing about the player you mention I have always thought that scouring the lower leagues and youth is the way forward for us. Fletch, I hope you are reading.

Martin. I think you are being extremely short sighted and a little bit rude by describing these guys as a bunch of crap. A "bunch of crap" nearly knocked out of the cup on Saturday. And they didn't even make onto Mole's list.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
The bloke put together a list of players to look at, and added a few relevant details.
A suitable comment may be, "Sorry, but we really need older, experienced players and not lower league players."
Instead, you wrote, "no youre an idiot promoting dustbin men and postmen for a pro club in league two!
now be a good lad and go find some real players that dont pay subs for their clubs"

I learnt some manners when I was 8! :greensmile:

Thanks mate, and sorry others are being inconsiderate (well, one person).