Derek McInnes to Rangers | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Derek McInnes to Rangers

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
just spotted on Paddy Power that McInnes is 4/11 clear favourite for the Rangers job. If this does happen, given our start to the season do people think that Aberdeen would be interested in Adams now?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Oct 24, 2013
I wouldn’t worry so much about Adams being wanted to replace McInnes than I would worry that the team Aberdeen take the replacement from would then want DA.

Aug 5, 2016
Aberdeen fans wouldn't be exactly delighted at scraping the bottom of the League One barrel for their next manager. It's a lot less likely than it was in the summer.

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
What a difference a few months make! I mean, a few months back I was convinced he might move to Pittodrie, now I'd be delighted. However, his stock is lower now than then.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Knibbsworth":3adkpohn said:
Aberdeen fans wouldn't be exactly delighted at scraping the bottom of the League One barrel for their next manager. It's a lot less likely than it was in the summer.

Is that such a surprise? Motherwell have McHugh, Hartley and Tanner in their team so I'd say there's general parity.

Aug 5, 2016
Frank_Butcher":1jb4yb6q said:
Knibbsworth":1jb4yb6q said:

Is that such a surprise? Motherwell have McHugh, Hartley and Tanner in their team so I'd say there's general parity.

In the history of football, I can't remember a manager being poached by Club B whilst marooned at the bottom of the table with Club A.

Similarly I doubt Argyle would ever headhunt a manager struggling in Scotland with 8 defeats out of 10.

It's just not how football works is it? When clubs recruit, they want fresh ideas, fresh impetus, new energy.

Knowing you've lost lots of football matches already this season would be a real mood killer. I just can't imagine Aberdeen going for that, as they will have a stack of CVs that don't include currently being bottom of a football division.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Knibbsworth":423n4em4 said:
In the history of football, I can't remember a manager being poached by Club B whilst marooned at the bottom of the table with Club A

If West Ham replace Bilic with Moyes they'd be doing something pretty similar!

It's like dumping your girlfriend for being ugly and then dating her twin sister.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Cheap option.

I would have plumped for Marco Silva.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Argy1e":265n263y said:
Tugboat":265n263y said:
Cheap option.

You reckon he'd have left Watford?
I think the potential is greater at West Ham and would see them as a step up so yes.

He’s a decent manager who will play decent attacking football and West Ham have decent players that are massively underperforming.

Get them playing again and they’ll be comfortable mid table come the end of the season.

Moyes isn’t a West Ham type manager. He’s too plain and bland.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Tugboat":1y460vaq said:
Argy1e":1y460vaq said:
Tugboat":1y460vaq said:
Cheap option.

I think the potential is greater at West Ham and would see them as a step up so yes.

He’s a decent manager who will play decent attacking football and West Ham have decent players that are massively underperforming.

Get them playing again and they’ll be comfortable mid table come the end of the season.

This is a huge job for Moyes, after the way his last 3 jobs have gone if this goes badly his career is as good as over.

Aug 29, 2008
The-Pilgrim":3jy9xcra said:
This is a huge job for Moyes, after the way his last 3 jobs have gone if this goes badly his career is as good as over.

Meaning he'd only be able to get a job in Scotland?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Tugboat":7mnfj0c2 said:
Argy1e":7mnfj0c2 said:
Tugboat":7mnfj0c2 said:
Cheap option.

That is how I read him too. At the moment the players at West Ham do not complement his normal style of football as evidenced to be effective at Everton.