• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

George Hirst

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
That's quite a bizarre article. It's one thing to suggest that a particular young player might benefit from going out on loan to get games but quite another to make a specific suggestion about which club he should go to. It almost feels as if it is written by, or at least generated by, the player's agent.

Oct 24, 2013
The Doctor":3awayekn said:
That's quite a bizarre article. It's one thing to suggest that a particular young player might benefit from going out on loan to get games but quite another to make a specific suggestion about which club he should go to. It almost feels as if it is written by, or at least generated by, the player's agent.

I thought so too. If it is an odd agent 'advert' then this is just the sort of nonsense DA avoids.

Apr 30, 2017
Just done a little bit of delving into the author the article. He was the first to report both Sam Winnall moving from Barnsley to Sheff Wed and Harvey Barnes from Leicester to Barnsley.

I think there might be something into this article; reasons being. Firstly, he is type of striker which Argyle need and is the type of player DA would sign. Secondly, Sheff Wed are likely to loan him out and we are looking for a loanee.

Should DA pursue George, I would be happy. He fits the bill of what we require and his stats from the Toulan Tournemount shows he knows where the net is.

Oct 24, 2013
Pilgrim28":2ntpadrb said:
Just done a little bit of delving into the author the article. He was the first to report both Sam Winnall moving from Barnsley to Sheff Wed and Harvey Barnes from Leicester to Barnsley.

I think there might be something into this article; reasons being. Firstly, he is type of striker which Argyle need and is the type of player DA would sign. Secondly, Sheff Wed are likely to loan him out and we are looking for a loanee.

Should DA pursue George, I would be happy. He fits the bill of what we require and his stats from the Toulan Tournemount shows he knows where the net is.

You mean there is actually somebody doing some analysis of what a club needs and doing some research of available, realistic players who could do the required job? Actual 'investigative' sports journalism? Blimey. Take note, Plymouth Herald.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
davie nine":2935ijz9 said:
Just checked Alex Fletcher's age (18). He is 6 days older than George Hirst.

Just checked the same Davie , can you imagine the response such a signing would receive from certain pasotiites .

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
davie nine":1y1ldo27 said:
Just checked Alex Fletcher's age (18). He is 6 days older than George Hirst.

George Hirst - 6'3"

Alex Fletcher - 5'10"

Nuff said.

May 10, 2013
Been up Sheffield this week and a friend of mine said we should look in to loaning this guy, highly rated and puts him above lavery, that could be down to the summer switch but this mate is usually honest on football opinion

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
I live up in Yorkshire my owls supporting mate said he would be ideal for us before there was even a hint of speculation
For me only risk is yorkshire lad first time away from.home could be to far for him to settle at 18

By the way my uncle who is a massive owls fan told me David Hirst would play for England when they signed him from Barnsley at 18 I laughed at the time but he was of course right and indeed looked the better prospect ahead of Shearer before his injury troubles ! Lad may benefit being away from Owls to develop as it's a big cross to bear being Hirstys son at S6 !!