SH taking over as Chairman? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

SH taking over as Chairman?

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
Nonsense.
It was only last week Hallett was made Vice Chairman. And the hint about diversity, suggests Mrs Hallett might be joining the board.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
plymouthboyuk":2czzb0zp said:
Nonsense.
It was only last week Hallett was made Vice Chairman. And the hint about diversity, suggests Mrs Hallett might be joining the board.

To be honest, IF the hint about diversity means there's likely to be a female welcomed into the boardroom and IF that female should be Mrs Hallett I'd say the rumour is MORE likely to be true.

Come to think about it, two out means two in so Mrs H and JPMorgan becoming a full on director.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That particular FB page has a history of talking complete and utter rubbish.

Remember the miracle of Curtis Nelson. Broke his ankle in training on Thursday and played a stormer on the Saturday.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Is this the anti James Brent Facebook page again? The safe harbour for the complete looney tunes Thomas. :lol:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
His source will be the voices in his head.

May 8, 2011
Carl Barnard":39pt30f4 said:
Thomas! That's him. His good old source he won't share Funny that.

He posted that he would be at the Fans Forum to ask some 'direct questions', but needless to say he failed to turn up, probably couldn't leave the safety of the keyboard.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I think it is safe to say that within a period of time, JB will relinquish his controlling interest in PAFC for whatever reason. That reasoning would also dictate that SH is/will be the man most likely to succeed him, this should not be a surprise to any. Whether JB is now a big fan of PAFC is also relevant that he should want whoever to be a sound custodian into the future.

It would be a shame if the manner in which JB has steadied the ship when no-one else either had the inclination or the intelligence to put the safeguard of the club above the risk of boom and bust should be forgotten by whoever should succeed him. He has, above all else I believe made the club an acceptable venture in the eyes of the FL and FA and indeed the HMRC And not many clubs that were in our position can say the monkey has been shaken off our back.

If this rumour is solely because of the hint of a female being brought onto the board and if that female is Mrs H it does make sense even without a change in ownership in that both Mr and Mrs would have had to decide on the level of financial involvement and the risk involved so in that case it should be accepted.

Whenever JB decides that he has had enough of owning a football club, I do hope he will remain in whatever office necessary to ensure that we are not going to pay for our excesses again. He does seem to have a good relationship with SH and was the rescuer of our club so when the time comes I hope the debt of thanks from us can be shown in the correct manner.

Apr 1, 2017
I heard from a reliable source that JB will be concentrating on the developments in higher home park and the hotel site.
Whilst SH takes over the football club.
Time will tell.... But I reckon this could be fairly accurate

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Mark Pedlar":11q6h1n2 said:
His source will be the voices in his head.

He's stopped them now!!

weirdalfoil_2322.jpg

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Obviously Ian, you know him as a personal friend but there are many of us that have never spoken to him so you have an insight that we will not know.

We all know that JB came into the club as a reluctant buyer and has been honest about his intentions and stuck by every single one of the promises he's made. That includes his promise not to endanger the well being of the club now and in the future. We heard last year how not a month goes by when the board have not had numerous enquiries about being for sale, each one was rebuffed due to an unworkable plan or that the money was not available to fulfill the promises. In the middle of last season he finally agreed with one of the prospective suitors to make shares in the club available which is why we now have SH on board. It's quite natural that with the news last week rumours are going to sprout regardless of who might be behind them.

Rather than get sidetracked by where the rumours came from, is it actually worth discussing the substance of the rumour as we would any other?

For my part, if true or if any proportion of truth in the rumours, i sincerely hope that JB continues to be part of the governance of the club. It has been with his clear headed, business approach that has put the troubles behind us, seen the appointment of an honest and successful manager and if he were to sell up now after the hard work he has put in it would be after the reward of 5-6 years of bloody hard graft.

I truly believe that if the rumours are true that we appreciate he will feel that he will have fulfilled his promise to us and left us in the stewardship of someone with the same ambition as us all.

For all that, he hasn't gone anywhere yet and on the brink of a new season let's hope we continue with the success story he is writing into our history.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Ade the green":1duz4nfx said:
I think it is safe to say that within a period of time, JB will relinquish his controlling interest in PAFC for whatever reason. That reasoning would also dictate that SH is/will be the man most likely to succeed him, this should not be a surprise to any. Whether JB is now a big fan of PAFC is also relevant that he should want whoever to be a sound custodian into the future.

It would be a shame if the manner in which JB has steadied the ship when no-one else either had the inclination or the intelligence to put the safeguard of the club above the risk of boom and bust should be forgotten by whoever should succeed him. He has, above all else I believe made the club an acceptable venture in the eyes of the FL and FA and indeed the HMRC And not many clubs that were in our position can say the monkey has been shaken off our back.

If this rumour is solely because of the hint of a female being brought onto the board and if that female is Mrs H it does make sense even without a change in ownership in that both Mr and Mrs would have had to decide on the level of financial involvement and the risk involved so in that case it should be accepted.

Whenever JB decides that he has had enough of owning a football club, I do hope he will remain in whatever office necessary to ensure that we are not going to pay for our excesses again. He does seem to have a good relationship with SH and was the rescuer of our club so when the time comes I hope the debt of thanks from us can be shown in the correct manner.

Hear, hear.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ade the green":3ifr0yk1 said:
Obviously Ian, you know him as a personal friend but there are many of us that have never spoken to him so you have an insight that we will not know.

We all know that JB came into the club as a reluctant buyer and has been honest about his intentions and stuck by every single one of the promises he's made. That includes his promise not to endanger the well being of the club now and in the future. We heard last year how not a month goes by when the board have not had numerous enquiries about being for sale, each one was rebuffed due to an unworkable plan or that the money was not available to fulfill the promises. In the middle of last season he finally agreed with one of the prospective suitors to make shares in the club available which is why we now have SH on board. It's quite natural that with the news last week rumours are going to sprout regardless of who might be behind them.

Rather than get sidetracked by where the rumours came from, is it actually worth discussing the substance of the rumour as we would any other?

For my part, if true or if any proportion of truth in the rumours, i sincerely hope that JB continues to be part of the governance of the club. It has been with his clear headed, business approach that has put the troubles behind us, seen the appointment of an honest and successful manager and if he were to sell up now after the hard work he has put in it would be after the reward of 5-6 years of bloody hard graft.

I truly believe that if the rumours are true that we appreciate he will feel that he will have fulfilled his promise to us and left us in the stewardship of someone with the same ambition as us all.

For all that, he hasn't gone anywhere yet and on the brink of a new season let's hope we continue with the success story he is writing into our history.

My attempt at humour was aimed at Mark's comments mate. He alluded that Thomas's rumour came from voices in his head. I agree with Mark as it happens.

I would repeat nothing on this website that I have gleaned from within, it's not the way the club is run mate.

ANYTHING that comes from Thomas's fertile mind is probably a load of absolute tosh Ade. Remember this is a bloke that has accused me of getting him thrown off an Etihad flight!!!! :roll: The man is off his trolley.

Therefore I have nothing to add to this thread other than take the mick out of one of THE biggest freaks on the internet.

All I will say is, JB loves PAFC and he has never mentioned to me that he is considering stepping down, but like you, IF he ever does, the club will be better for having him on board. I'll never forget what he's done for us. I think 1000's feel the same way.

Unfortunately Thomas as his ilk, will never acknowledge what the bloke has done for PAFC. They've been hell bent on making sure by repeating such crap, time and time again.