Overdue | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Overdue

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
We have gone from Friday evening to Tuesday morning without a strong rumour over an incoming loan/signature. I reckon we are overdue one. Who agrees?

Jul 29, 2010
Sometimes it can work in our favour to be patient. A player we want suddenly becomes available once his parent club have have able to do some incoming business.

Sep 8, 2013
I have also been aware of the lack of news in this respect. But the key CF loan/signing is too important to be rushed. As others have said he needs to be our main front man, not merely competition for those we already have.
Also, more positive news regarding Jamie Ness is surely overdue, isn't it?

Apr 30, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if the target we are after is not already a done deal pending their current club getting in their respective target. It could be that a move like Llorente to Chelsea starts a chain reaction of loans and transfers further down the pyramid, with Swansea reluctant to loan or sell any of their strikers until Llorente is sold and a replacement brought in.

Jul 29, 2010
Penmaster":1kfnmaxx said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the target we are after is not already a done deal pending their current club getting in their respective target. It could be that a move like Llorente to Chelsea starts a chain reaction of loans and transfers further down the pyramid, with Swansea reluctant to loan or sell any of their strikers until Llorente is sold and a replacement brought in.
Yup, and we must just take our place in the food chain and wait.

Oct 11, 2014
Loan signings are most likely to be done right towards the end of the Window to get the best deal available. This means playing the first few games light, but may pay off in the long run.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Ade the green":2ukw2wt5 said:
Can we gazump Exeter for Brunt?

I'd suggest Ryan Brunt has a kind of romantic fiction about him for many on this site. When he first arrived at HP he had to sit and wait behind Reid and his early appearances were pretty ordinary if not poor. Due to Reid's injury problems Brunt got a good run in the team and proved himself a worthy competitor for the place. But I don't remember him as a player who would succeed at a higher level - and of course it will take a lot of game time to get him back anywhere near where he was in Leagie 2 (as proven from his return from injury last time).

Decent league 2 centre-forward and by all accounts a decent bloke, but IMO the right decision by Adams to move on.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Penmaster":2u7pd19z said:

Are you thinking of a specific striker at Swansea then?

Apr 30, 2017
The Doctor":1e2cpm7j said:
Penmaster":1e2cpm7j said:

We have this summer been linked with Botti Biabi of Swansea. So maybe Penmaster has hinted we may be signing a swansea player on loan.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
lyndhurst green":t4ip2ko7 said:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_McBurnie

Swansea striker available for loan. Hardly prolific mind.

No, but Swansea must have seen something positive about him to have signed him after Bradford. Phil Parkinson was quite happy to use him, when required, and PP is a respected manager.

Apr 30, 2011
Pilgrim28":2pdga3ir said:
The Doctor":2pdga3ir said:
Penmaster":2pdga3ir said:

We have this summer been linked with Botti Biabi of Swansea. So maybe Penmaster has hinted we may be signing a swansea player on loan.

Sorry Gents, no inside knowledge. Just used that transfer as an example of what could trigger a chain of events.