🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Qoo3939L":2xr53rv0 said:
God NO!!!!!
We need to move forward not backwards
He was utter rubbish

Utter rubbish? :crazy:

He scored 7 goals in 14 games, including two v Pompey in the play-off semi-final.

Idiot :thumbup:

Oct 31, 2015
Qoo3939L":6edlag86 said:
God NO!!!!!
He was utter rubbish

This must be a city fan in disguise. 7 goals in 14 and he is rubbish!!!!!

Phil Starbuck was rubbish, That striker from the states was rubbish and the fireman from Wales was dire. Matt was not rubbish.

Could he do the same in League 1? Not so sure.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Did a good job for us in League 2 but I can't see him making the step up to L1 level even if we were able to keep him fit.

He was a good forward for us and seemed to be a nice bloke which the GA appreciated him for. The past is the past though and I'd rather we set our ambitions a little higher.

Mar 23, 2008
rsp4":12sm4e2u said:
Qoo3939L":12sm4e2u said:
God NO!!!!!
He was utter rubbish

This must be a city fan in disguise. 7 goals in 14 and he is rubbish!!!!!

Phil Starbuck was rubbish, That striker from the states was rubbish and the fireman from Wales was dire. Matt was not rubbish.

Could he do the same in League 1? Not so sure.
Griffiths was not rubbish, far from it. He didn't cut it here and was too late for him to make the step up but he was a good striker, his performance against Northampton that season was superb.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Deacster":2dz9ue3e said:
Griffiths was not rubbish, far from it. He didn't cut it here and was too late for him to make the step up but he was a good striker, his performance against Northampton that season was superb.

I agree. Lots of football league teams were interested in signing him over the seasons and he made the decision to make a stab at playing at a higher level too late in his career. It was well worth the punt in signing him - it just didn't work out.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
[Rhys Griffiths was absolutely stunning on his debut utterly dominating the opposition defense and linking up with his teammates better than I have seen any forward at Home Park. Sadly, as I recall it, he only lasted 15 minutes before he had to go off injured. I remember my daughter wasn't at the game and I was texting her during the period he was on the pitch raving about what a great signing he was going to be. The rest, as they say, is history.]

Jamille Matt was okay for Argyle - he scored a few important goals and made a bit of a difference during his loan spell but didn't exactly set the world on fire. I can't imagine that he is/was the best available option out there for Argyle at the moment.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Quinny":1e808t62 said:
Deacster":1e808t62 said:

I agree. Lots of football league teams were interested in signing him over the seasons and he made the decision to make a stab at playing at a higher level too late in his career. It was well worth the punt in signing him - it just didn't work out.
I agree 269 goals in 342 games, albeit at Welsh Premier League level, is a great return. Leading scorer from 2005 to 2012. It was definitely worth a punt.

Oct 31, 2015
Keepitgreen":3dp5l7by said:
Quinny":3dp5l7by said:
Deacster":3dp5l7by said:

I agree 269 goals in 342 games, albeit at Welsh Premier League level, is a great return. Leading scorer from 2005 to 2012. It was definitely worth a punt.

That didnt work at a proffesional level. Its a massive step from part time to pro and although some make it (we have seen a few here) he didnt. Very good in Welsh league but not in lg2.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
rsp4":wkuoakx0 said:
Keepitgreen":wkuoakx0 said:
Quinny":wkuoakx0 said:
Deacster":wkuoakx0 said:

That didnt work at a proffesional level. Its a massive step from part time to pro and although some make it (we have seen a few here) he didnt. Very good in Welsh league but not in lg2.

No unfortunately it did not work out, But I am not going to be too critical of the attempt to make it work. Other teams have taken chances with other Non-League players and sometimes it has been a successful transfer. Plymouth took Craig Noone from Non-League and it worked out OK and he went on to make a successful pro career with Argyle, Brighton and Cardiff. I just wish other gems can/could be unearthed.

Aug 5, 2016
rsp4":1dl9jpsc said:
Keepitgreen":1dl9jpsc said:
Quinny":1dl9jpsc said:
Deacster":1dl9jpsc said:

What service was he getting from the Argyle team that season?

I don't remember Warren Feeney or Nick Chadwick scoring terrific amounts of goals in that team, put it that way.

Our top scorer in all competitions that season was Jason Banton with 6 goals.