Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
greenarmy29":vrwy9yqg said:
Working in Havant, with a lot of Pompey fans I can say the total mentions of Reuben over the last few days or even weeks has been......zero, zip, nadda, nothing. If there was any foundation to this rumour they would love to be gloating about it

In my case Working in Pompey - :iagree:

They haven't bought anybody since they went bust.

Probably Ruben's agent stirring.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Fergy":2k0jjq84 said:
spowell92":2k0jjq84 said:
Deacster":2k0jjq84 said:
Doubt they could afford him, no-one could in our league. He must be on a good wage and he must be worth a least £150k1.5m even with a year to run on his contract.

You made a mistake on your figure so fixed it for you, no need to thank me :thumbup:

He's not worth that, even in his prime. I'd say he's worth £300,000 or so considering his contract length. Anybody know how much he went to West Brom for when he was 22 (I think)?

I don't care about what he's worth, I don't want us to be reasonable with any sale (which I don't think there will be). I want us to be stubborn and unreasonable. We don't want or need to sell him so let's get a silly price if someone is that desperate to take him. That silly price could wipe the debts as well as offering us an amount to try and find a replacement. Unlike the Hourihane deal in which we lost our best player, but barely scratched the debts and we're left with little left for a replacement...

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Only source that seems to believe they're after him is a fans feed on twitter. They had their chance with him last season for free and by all accounts he rejected them to come back to us. I doubt there's anything in it, and even if there is his head may not be turned. As someone else said, we should be looking at giving him another year on his contract.

Ollieargyle9":2vobsy16 said:
Reuben is the best forward we have had in years
...I may have criticised along the way but overall :iagree:

Ollieargyle9":2vobsy16 said:
it would be a ... travesty if we lost him ... because some of our so called fans don't really have a clue about the game they watch week in week out.
... thank god then the fans don't have a say in this. Cue the owner, the manager, and the player himself.

I hope it is just hearsay and agent talk. I for one hope RR stays in a squad with Jake and Ryan. It can only force all of them to step up a gear and fair better prospects in a years time. If there is any semblance of truth then JB needs to force a quite awesome deal.

:greensmile:

C

Cobi Budge.

If we lost him last season it would have been a major blow, don't get me wrong it would still be a blow now, but it would be cushioned by the forward options we now have.

Don't think it'll happen though.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":3a6paukc said:
If we lost him last season it would have been a major blow, don't get me wrong it would still be a blow now, but it would be cushioned by the forward options we now have.

Don't think it'll happen though.
You mean Brunt, Harvey and the awful Smalley who are all unproven?

C

Cobi Budge.

Brunt - A player who looked really promising toward the end of last season and should have been given more game time.

Jervis - You've missed him out? Clearly the star of our pre season.

Harvey - Promising youngster.

Rooney - Promising youngster.

Smalley - Where is your evidence to suggest he's awful? He's barely played, and when he's started, he's looked alright, which you've previously admitted. You can't fully judge a player until he's had a run. Fans always need a player to make fun of, at every club.

Wylde - While not an out and out forward, he'll certainly take the pressure off.

It just seems to me that (as evidenced on this thread and others), if you don't think Reuben is the messiah, you must think he's a poor player. I think Reuben is a really good striker to have at this level, I've repeatedly said that, I just don't think he merits the godlike, world class status he's given by some, if he was that amazing, he would have been sold to a higher club.

Reid will stay anyway so all of this is a bit redundant.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The local radio station in Portsmouth had a phone-in show on Monday night called the "Football Hour" and the Pompey assistant manager was a guest.

He was asked by the presenter to put the Reid rumours to bed 1. Was he at the training ground and 2. Will you sign him?

He answered that Reid wasn't at the training ground, he was adamant about that, and said that if Reid became available Pompey would be interested in signing him but at the moment he is contracted to Plymouth.

The assistant manager (Richardson) could have denied Pompey wanted to sign Reid in the same forceful way he said that Reid wasn't at the training ground but chose to fuel the signing rumour even more.

Do Pompey have enough, or even any, money to fund a purchase?

Will Reid be wearing a green or blue shirt at Home Park on 15 August?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Cobi Budge.":1lo11vm0 said:

Not sure about these options you talk about Cobi. IF Reid left our first choice pairing would probably be Jervis and Brunt. Is there anything at his stage to suggest they are likely to be better than Reid(pre injury) and Alessandra last season? Jervis could well come good with his background to date.
Smalley is out for some time and rarely looked like being more than a bit part player anyway.
Harvey you say is a promising youngster. Well that's not an awful lot of use when you want the finished article to mount a promotion challenge. A few goals in 40 odd appearances hardly screams he is going to be up to it at 19 years old. At the same age Tom Nicols has scored 22 goals at a rate of 1 every 2 in 40 odd appearances for Exeter.
As for Rooney, forget him this season, he's not going to seriously challenge for a regular slot in a promotion chasing side.
Jervis could well be a big hit but with Brunt as our next choice striker I don't think our options would too great in the back up department. Wylde and a decent wide man on the right and we would have a decent first choice line up but the back up looks weak at this stage to me.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Cobi Budge.":1n8195on said:
Brunt - A player who looked really promising toward the end of last season and should have been given more game time. Still nowhere near up to the ability of a fit Reuben, at best as good as an injured Reuben

Jervis - You've missed him out? Clearly the star of our pre season. Is yet to play a competitive game for us, he may well come good but there's neither the evidence to suggest that nor would it be feasible for him to run our attack.

Harvey - Promising youngster. So what?

Rooney - Promising youngster. Again, so what? We're talking about replacing our best player here.

Smalley - Where is your evidence to suggest he's awful? He's barely played, and when he's started, he's looked alright, which you've previously admitted. You can't fully judge a player until he's had a run. Fans always need a player to make fun of, at every club. We're not looking for "not awful" or just "alright", again we're talking about replacing the best player we have and you think adequate cover only needs to be "alright".

Wylde - While not an out and out forward, he'll certainly take the pressure off. Pressure off what? We're down to just an unproven Jervis, an injured Smalley and Brunt as an at best back-up player now, that's a hell of a lot of pressure to put on a midfielder.

It just seems to me that (as evidenced on this thread and others), if you don't think Reuben is the messiah, you must think he's a poor player. I think Reuben is a really good striker to have at this level, I've repeatedly said that, I just don't think he merits the godlike, world class status he's given by some, if he was that amazing, he would have been sold to a higher club.
It's not that if you don't think Reuben is the messiah that you think he's a poor player. It's a case of if you don't think Reuben is the messiah then you don't have a clue what you're on about. He is our one and only proven attacking option, last season he single handedly ran our attack when he was fit, when the pressure fell on others during his injury we collapsed. You can't just replace that, Adams has added well attacking wise to take some of the pressure off Reuben but without him we are still far far weaker, without him we have nothing up top, without him we are rolling the dice with Jervis with only youth players and average squad players to fall back on if he flops.

Reid will stay anyway so all of this is a bit redundant.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I don't see why this thread is being persevered with. There is no evidence to suggest that there is any substance in it and we are only four days away from the start of the season.

Let's hope that we win on Saturday and Reuben gets a hat-trick (for us) on the following Saturday.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
I love your enthusiasm Cobi, but you undermine this with such silly views on some of our players, I cannot understand why you undervalue RR so much.