who would be your choice of available managers? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

who would be your choice of available managers?

Jul 29, 2010
Quintrell_Green":ys3f4a63 said:
Bryan Robson likes Cornwall. He has good experience and does not suffer fools gladly.

I seem to recall a conversation many years back where it was disclosed he did actually interview for an Argyle vacancy. It was apparent he'd done no research and was under the impression that all he needed to do was turn up simply because he was Bryan Robson. It went no further, and rightly so.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
X Isle":38fy35ud said:
Quintrell_Green":38fy35ud said:
Bryan Robson likes Cornwall. He has good experience and does not suffer fools gladly.

I seem to recall a conversation many years back where it was disclosed he did actually interview for an Argyle vacancy. It was apparent he'd done no research and was under the impression that all he needed to do was turn up simply because he was Bryan Robson. It went no further, and rightly so.

He is a big mate from Middlesborough days of a full back called Morris, who comes from Newquay. Morris was an Ireland international through his mother's birthplace. He came down for Morris's Dad's funeral a few years back. He may/may not know a bit more about Plymouth/Cornwall by now?

Nov 21, 2012
If Sheridan were to be sacked (unlikely) Johnson would surely have to be favourite. He's been based in the West Country for a long time, worked with Starnes at Yeovil, and good under a tight budget.

Dec 7, 2006
I can see Johnson ending up at Pompey before too long. Awford's on borrowed time at the moment with their Board already getting twitchy.

C

Cobi Budge.

Don't care to be honest, Reid has been underperforming for months now and it's becoming more habit than blip, he needs someone to shake him up and get him competing again because at the moment, it looks like Reid is getting a touch complacent because he knows his place is confirmed every week. We need Reid at max.

Jul 29, 2010
FordGreen":3oe6a1ag said:
I can see Johnson ending up at Pompey before too long. Awford's on borrowed time at the moment with their Board already getting twitchy.

Yup. Other clubs act quickly and decisively. Be it Pompey or another 'finger on the pulse' club, Johnson will be in employment again once we get round to having a vacancy.

C

Cobi Budge.

X Isle":38gtg8px said:
FordGreen":38gtg8px said:

Yup. Other clubs act quickly and decisively. Be it Pompey or another 'finger on the pulse' club, Johnson will be in employment again once we get round to having a vacancy.

Yep, unfortunately I'm pretty sure Gary will be employed again by June 2016.