How about Rory Fallon? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

How about Rory Fallon?

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Cobi Budge.":3hcmludn said:
I'm sorry but Griffiths was nowhere near better than Feeney, he wasn't even better than Chadwick, in fact, I'd have Showunmi in the team over Rhys Griffiths.

Credit to him for coming in and giving it a shot, you wouldn't turn the chance down but it was just a typical Fletcher signing, made with poor judgement. Fletcher was an alright tactical manager in fairness, but he was absolutely terrible at signing players imo, while with Sheridan it seems to be the reverse.

Rhys Griffiths was the worst striker we've had in many many years, not because he was lazy or under-performing or anything, but simply because, he wasn't a professional footballer and never should have been signed.

I think you're being more than unfair on Fletcher there, Cobi. It is on record that more than one English professional club tried to sign Rhys during his time with Llanelli and he turned them down. If you want to damn Fletch then half a dozen other managers - and their scouts - are just as guilty.

Feb 21, 2011
Dan Ellard":3jqjp35v said:
Feeney never got into goalscoring positions because his movement was garbage.

Worked hard in terms of harrying, chasing, trying to get on the end of long balls etc., but his movement in and around the penalty area was shockingly bad.
Totally agree, Feeney was neither a finisher nor a good foil for a poacher, he was like many "strikers" ploughing a trade in the lower leagues a work horse, a grafter and a 100%er. Fact is to get out of this league you need goalscorers Feeney, Chadders and Griffiths weren't, Reid, Allesandra and Banton just might be.

BadBoy":1hjsz73z said:
Dan Ellard":1hjsz73z said:
Feeney never got into goalscoring positions because his movement was garbage.

Worked hard in terms of harrying, chasing, trying to get on the end of long balls etc., but his movement in and around the penalty area was shockingly bad.
Totally agree, Feeney was neither a finisher nor a good foil for a poacher, he was like many "strikers" ploughing a trade in the lower leagues a work horse, a grafter and a 100%er. Fact is to get out of this league you need goalscorers Feeney, Chadders and Griffiths weren't, Reid, Allesandra and Banton just might be.
Agree with that totally.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Quinny":sm5fmj8c said:
Cobi Budge.":sm5fmj8c said:
I'm sorry but Griffiths was nowhere near better than Feeney, he wasn't even better than Chadwick, in fact, I'd have Showunmi in the team over Rhys Griffiths.

Credit to him for coming in and giving it a shot, you wouldn't turn the chance down but it was just a typical Fletcher signing, made with poor judgement. Fletcher was an alright tactical manager in fairness, but he was absolutely terrible at signing players imo, while with Sheridan it seems to be the reverse.

Rhys Griffiths was the worst striker we've had in many many years, not because he was lazy or under-performing or anything, but simply because, he wasn't a professional footballer and never should have been signed.

I think you're being more than unfair on Fletcher there, Cobi. It is on record that more than one English professional club tried to sign Rhys during his time with Llanelli and he turned them down. If you want to damn Fletch then half a dozen other managers - and their scouts - are just as guilty.

Add to that a couple clubs in America. The guy had something...unfortunately he also had age but no experience. Better player than some I've seen, more out of his depth than all I've seen!

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Would entirely agree with that assessment, earl.

I think he had more natural talent and also (I'm on the side of MannameadGreen here more so than Ollie) more natural footballing intelligence in his mind than Chadwick and Feeney had put together. However, it soon became just as obvious that he'd made the step up to the professional level far too late. His body was simply not equipped to what his mind and feet wanted him to do.